Vida Garden Bar At 2300 Louisiana St.

Nole23

It's opening again as Irish Cowboy by St. Patrick's Day. People are posting that it's not closed but remodeling and opening under Irish Cowboy and providing the Facebook page, but those douchebag owners are deleting those comments.They want to garner sympathy or all those "oh no, I'll miss that place" type posts and shares and then announce they're not really closing. Douche. Bags.

lol i noticed that too that they were deleting any comment about them reopening. 

With that said, I wonder what kind of renovations or changes that they will be making....

• Like 1

It's opening again as Irish Cowboy by St. Patrick's Day. People are posting that it's not closed but remodeling and opening under Irish Cowboy and providing the Facebook page, but those douchebag owners are deleting those comments.They want to garner sympathy or all those "oh no, I'll miss that place" type posts and shares and then announce they're not really closing. Douche. Bags.

Note to self:  Must miss.

• Like 4

What is up with all of these new stupid themed bars? Boots and shoots in downtown and now irish cowboy... This is houston, there are no cowboys here. 

uh, not so fast, Buckaroo.  I'll poke as much fun as anyone at all the people who suddenly start dressing like Porter Waggoner during March and at all the F250 bro dozers that never carry more than a bag of dog food in the bed, but there are as many or more of us that have more than one pair of boots and will wear them to any business meeting all year long.  Shoot, even Lamar has an FFA chapter.

Edit:  But you have a fair point.  These precious theme bars are for the cosplayers.  Most Rodeo life members I know wouldn't be caught dead in them.

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 1

I'll poke as much fun as anyone at all the people who suddenly start dressing like Porter Waggoner during March

Most of whom without a clue as to who he was, I'd wager. 

Of course, Porter wasn't always permanently sporting a Nudie suit - on some of his best records, he looks downright normal:

porter-wagoner-the-cold-hard-facts-of-li

• Like 1

I can tell you, I have wanted to open a club/bar in Midtown. Something I would absolutely do is let it run for 2-3 years, or until it started losing market share, then close, renovate and re-open with a new name. Make it new again. rinse and repeat in perpetuity. 

I can't say that I would make it a big secret that I was doing this though, and certainly not to the level of deleting comments, that's stupid and they'll lose more than they stand to gain. You really only do that if you don't want people to know it's the same ownership, and you really only do that if people hate you.

and boots and shoots was doing sound check at lunch today. the music was all oontz and no boots.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

uh, not so fast, Buckaroo.  I'll poke as much fun as anyone at all the people who suddenly start dressing like Porter Waggoner during March and at all the F250 bro dozers that never carry more than a bag of dog food in the bed, but there are as many or more of us that have more than one pair of boots and will wear them to any business meeting all year long.  Shoot, even Lamar has an FFA chapter.

Edit:  But you have a fair point.  These precious theme bars are for the cosplayers.  Most Rodeo life members I know wouldn't be caught dead in them.

I own one pair of boots I wear to the office. I feel sorry for guys in other states that have to wear some dress shoes to work, they have to replace them every 2 years or so. These things will last me a fairly long time, and I can wear them to the cook-off as well as weddings and funerals, if I so desire.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

https://houston.eater.com/2019/12/4/20994884/1-800-lucky-opening-houston-midtown

A true one-stop-shop, 1-800-Lucky is described as “equal parts food hall, record shop, convenience store, and karaoke bar,” which means that diners will be able to feast on taiyaki ice cream cones while sipping frozen beer and browsing the record shop’s wares or listening to live music. No official vendors for 1-800-Lucky’s Texas outpost have been announced just yet, but if the Miami outpost is any indication, diners can expect everything from sushi and Chinese barbecue to dim sum and Vietnamese deli fare.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

You say that like it's enough.

Does Mai's even have banh mi? I've never thought to check...

I wouldn't go in to Cali anywhere near 9 and expect to get what I want personally.

Simply Pho is a good point though. But still. It's not enough.

Just saying it is already possible to get a Banh Mi in Midtown after 8pm.  I have no opinion on how many Banh Mi vendors is enough.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Asian Food Hall 1-800-Lucky Coming To 2300 Louisiana St.
  • 3 weeks later...

From another topic regarding Barkely's, the bar & grill with dogs in mind at 2300 Louisiana:

19 hours ago, phillip_white said:

Barkley's, the dog bar at 2300 Louisiana St, has announced that they are permanently closed. According to their social media post, a new concept called Hadley Icehouse will follow at that location.

Hadley Icehouse on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/hadleyicehouse2022/

14 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Wow that place just opened

9 hours ago, urbanize713 said:

Heard from multiple people that there were issues with irresponsible dog owners. Either completely oblivious to their dog's behavior or not cleaning after them.  

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, urbanize713 said:

Heard from multiple people that there were issues with irresponsible dog owners. Either completely oblivious to their dog's behavior or not cleaning after them.  

I don't doubt those problems were issues for Barkley's owners, but according to yesterday's announcement, the current concept wasn't sustainable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2300 Louisiana St.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 8:00 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Hadley Ice House opened several days ago at 2300 Louisiana St. Instagram photos and videos show little remodeling. The bar looks the same as when it operated as Barkley's.

From CultureMap yesterday:

"Hadley Ice House has opened in Midtown (2300 Louisiana). The new patio bar replaces Barkley’s, an establishment that opened last year with a dog park designed to appeal to area residents who wanted to take their four-legged friends with them when going out."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/08-10-22-food-news-roundup-the-branch-closure-hopdoddy-woodlands-hadleys-icehouse-midtown-cafe-louie-dinner

Website
https://hadleyicehouse.com/

• 2 months later...

Hadley Ice House recently closed at 2300 Louisiana St. In place of Hadley Ice House is a new bar: Leitner's.

In an Instagram story early this morning, Hadley Ice House announced the change. Their Instagram username and profile photo reflected the new name.

I think Leitner's is from the same group behind Hadley Ice House. 

This is the second time this year the bar has changed names and concepts. Dog park and bar & grill Barkley's opened this summer, but closed shortly thereafter. The proprietors of Barkley's then rebranded the bar to Hadley Ice House.

https://www.instagram.com/leitnershtx/

w0yWmGB.jpg 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Hadley Ice House recently closed at 2300 Louisiana St. In place of Hadley Ice House is a new bar: Leitner's.

In an Instagram story early this morning, Hadley Ice House announced the change. Their Instagram username and profile photo reflected the new name.

I think Leitner's is from the same group behind Hadley Ice House. 

This is the second time this year the bar has changed names and concepts. Dog park and bar & grill Barkley's opened this summer, but closed shortly thereafter. The proprietors of Barkley's then rebranded the bar to Hadley Ice House.

https://www.instagram.com/leitnershtx/

w0yWmGB.jpg 

Hmmmm.... is this someone's thesis project for their marketing MBA?

• 10 months later...
  • The title was changed to Vida Garden Bar At 2300 Louisiana St.