Haven At Elgin: Student Housing High-Rise At 3719 Elgin St.

Urbannizer

Got an email that they have update the listing on their crowdsourcing with this:

Closing on the Land: Guefen Development is excited to announce that they officially closed on the land on Dec. 2, 2019. This has eliminated the acquisition risk for this project. Guefen has agreed to allow CrowdStreet investors to backfill additional equity up to a total of $15 million. Offers are due Dec. 16, 2019.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, cspwal said:

You are correct.

55 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Can't pinpointl where this is, any one know?

I just plotted this on the map and placed on the spreadsheet today. I'm not quite sure if its that entire block, but I'm going to assume thats the case for now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 3:39 PM, Urbannizer said:

From the Crowdstreet site, this is the timeline they posted:

• Closing: December 2019
  • Demo and Prelim Site Work: December 2019 - April 2020
  • Civil Work Begins: May/June 2020
  • Foundation and Podium: July 2020 - December 2020
  • Building Improvements: January 2021 - June 2022
  • Preleasing: August 2021 - August 2022
  • Move-in: August 2022
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 9:03 PM, cspwal said:

@cspwal Looks like you were right about the coordinates. Decided to stop by the church and it definitely looks like they are moving out. I'm flabbergasted that a fairly new church would shut down. I guess the church couldn't resist the payday and decided to sell. I wonder if they are moving some where else or just cashing in?

0Nq9SLo.jpg

JI1a2M6.jpg

DLLOmxe.jpg

ZpuutPF.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

@cspwal Looks like you were right about the coordinates. Decided to stop by the church and it definitely looks like they are moving out. I'm flabbergasted that a fairly new church would shut down. I guess the church couldn't resist the payday and decided to sell. I wonder if they are moving some where else or just cashing in?

I'm more surprised how they managed to stay open, there are so many churches/ church affiliations in that area. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 8.33.43 PM.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hindesky said:

What denomination was City Cathedral? It isn't even on your map.

It's non-denominational. Here's the website http://citycathedral.com/ It looks like the only Houston location is now at 4900 Fournace, the old Texaco building in Bellaire. The Google link has some old text referring to one church, three locations, but it's now just two.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

What denomination was City Cathedral? It isn't even on your map.

For some reason google maps was acting weird, it doesn't show all the churches unless you zoom in a lot closer 🤷‍♂️. So technically, there is even more than that map.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't think that church was that new. From Google Earth's historic imagery slider you can see it as far back as 2002. The next available year is 1995 and doesn't appear to be built yet. So it's anywhere between 18 to 25 years old.

Anyways, this tower is pretty plain but it will also look impressive as there aren't any other tall buildings around it.

Edited by zaphod

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...