East Bend Apartments At 1111 West 6th St.

s3mh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This doesn’t get enough praise for how smart of a development this actually is. It sits next to MKT Market and the other residential down the street. Some really nice, aesthetically pleasing Houston density with good infrastructure. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dfwill said:

I wonder if 6th will ever be connected between waverly and rutland over the reservoir by road or pedestrian bridge or something.  Would be cool to be able to walk down 6th from let's say BLT to here/MKT.

I would just go a block north to the trail. That's the most pedestrian-friendly entrance to MKT anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dfwill said:

I wonder if 6th will ever be connected between waverly and rutland over the reservoir by road or pedestrian bridge or something.  Would be cool to be able to walk down 6th from let's say BLT to here/MKT.

Probably never, but not a bad idea as W 8th St. ends up being a cut-through for people driving between Shep and Heights.  When they did the detention pond, there were plans floated to turn it into a park with a water feature.  The soil pollution at the site was so bad from prior use as a refinery and city incinerator that they could not afford to dig any deeper than what was necessary for the detention pond.  I would assume that any attempt to build a bridge across the pond would be prohibitively expensive due to having to disrupt the soil to build supports.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Fairfield Shepherd: 7-Story Multifamily At 580 N. Shepherd Dr.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Piggibacking on the question regarding a bridge connecting 6th across Waverly and Rutland, what about a pedestrian bridge connecting Patterson on the south side of the bayou onto 6th street. It. Certainly  MKT would benefit from all the residential in the south side of White Oak, currently it’s about 1.5 mi walk to go across the hike and bike trail (unless you pedestrian your way across Shepherd, yikes)?

On 11/21/2019 at 9:50 AM, s3mh said:

https://tritenre.com/projects/swift

That is a different property.  MKT's "Phase 2" is the old Freedman Distributor building.  The only info on it is that it will be multifamily.  Triten Real Estate is just calling it "Swift" for now.  

I found the deed for the property on the county clerk's records.  The owner of Presto sold the property to FF Realty IV, LLC.  This looks to be an entity controlled by Fairfield Residential, which makes sense given the name "Fairfield Shepherd" on the variance sign.  They do not have any info on the project on their website yet.   

Also, any updates on this “Swift” project?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...