East Bend Apartments At 1111 West 6th St.

s3mh

11 hours ago, Fortune said:

I think this is a part of this development. Like the next phase or something.

https://tritenre.com/projects/swift

That is a different property.  MKT's "Phase 2" is the old Freedman Distributor building.  The only info on it is that it will be multifamily.  Triten Real Estate is just calling it "Swift" for now.  

I found the deed for the property on the county clerk's records.  The owner of Presto sold the property to FF Realty IV, LLC.  This looks to be an entity controlled by Fairfield Residential, which makes sense given the name "Fairfield Shepherd" on the variance sign.  They do not have any info on the project on their website yet.   

• Like 3

277 units.  Multifamily madness in the Heights.  Adding in the recently announced Domain Heights thing on the old Flame and Forge site, I get about 2000+ units of multifamily in development in the Heights.  Just eyeballing it, I think that is about a 100% increase in mid to high rise multifamily units in the Heights.  

• Like 6

About that variance request:

The Shepherd RoW is oddly shaped at this intersection. A 25-ft building line along Shepherd would result in a 75-ft distance from the curb to the façade at W. 6th. The developer is proposing a "parklet" in the RoW at that corner.

Capture1.JPG.8e2eab9d68c06036d1a0c0fea310b438.JPG

Capture2.JPG.adc96a43f2177e8af5ba793858b763e1.JPGCapture2.JPG.adc96a43f2177e8af5ba793858b763e1.JPG

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Fairfield Shepherd: 7-Story Multifamily at 580 N. Shepherd
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big find of the day was a tower crane base at the Fairfield. Also talked with one of the owners of the future Patterson Park Bar across the bayou, he too was checking out the project. I told him to look on HAIF for more info and about the new bike route on Patterson.

dqecKEm.jpg

w1isCfS.jpg

e5Ii2ID.jpg

vhSI3go.jpg

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Fairfield Shepherd: 7-Story Multifamily At 580 N. Shepherd