Love Park At 1000 W. 12th St.

lilyheights

I'm relatively new to the area (since 2003). I was wondering if the public pool at Love Park is operated during the summer. If so, is it all free swim for kids, or would I be able to do some laps?

Where do other Heights swimmers go?

Any input is appreciated...

I'm relatively new to the area (since 2003). I was wondering if the public pool at Love Park is operated during the summer. If so, is it all free swim for kids, or would I be able to do some laps?

Where do other Heights swimmers go?

Any input is appreciated...

I'm not sure about the Heights, but in Garden Oaks there is a private swim club, Garden Cove, which is a bit pricey, but great if you use it. They have both family time and adult swim only. Laps are not usually a problem to do (if you stay away from peak hours). AND you can bring in liquid "refreshments" as long as they are in containers.

Check it out : http://gardencoveswimclub.com/

• 13 years later...

The swimming pool at Love is a bowl of water in a treeless desert - there's no shade at all. We've been there just a couple of times in all the years we've lived in the area, preferring the pool at Memorial Park. The community center has a lot of potential, but it's underutilized. 

• The title was changed to Love Park Pool At 1000 W. 12th St.
  • The title was changed to Love Park At 1111 W. 13th St.
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Love Park At 1000 W. 12th St.
5 hours ago, emmanume said:

From HPB website https://houstonparksboard.org/5050-park-partners-community-engagement/

Love Park include replacing playground equipment, adding a new exercise station, consolidating picnic areas to create more open space, improving the baseball field, repairing walkways, re-aligning the walking trail, and improved lighting. 

Is there anything in there on death rays to take out the owners of unleashed dogs? No use improving the baseball field if stupid morons with unleashed dogs continue to allow them to run all over. That was one place where one of the teams my kid was on had dogs come up and grab baseballs. We didn't think that was nearly as cute as the owners did. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 7:27 PM, Ross said:

Is there anything in there on death rays to take out the owners of unleashed dogs? No use improving the baseball field if stupid morons with unleashed dogs continue to allow them to run all over. That was one place where one of the teams my kid was on had dogs come up and grab baseballs. We didn't think that was nearly as cute as the owners did. 

I was at the park once and a pretty bad dog fight broke out between a leashed dog and a dog roaming free.  Same problem with unleashed dogs at Lawrence park (which should also be on the list for improvements).  

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Ribbon cutting for improvements at Love Park yesterday

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/arts-entertainment/2023/10/24/houston-cuts-ribbon-on-new-playground-improvements-at-love-park/

"Improvements at Love Park included:

• new playground equipment for ages 5-12
  • a new exercise station
  • consolidating the picnic area to increase open green space
  • regrading and smoothing the surface of the large multiuse field
  • resurfacing and replacing the walking trail
  • added five new LED lights throughout the park
  • improving drainage with a new detention area and improved drainage swales
  • installing new benches, picnic tables and trash cans
  • pruning trees
  • repairing building floodlights
  • refreshing park signage and painting of buildings and pool area"
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, ChannelTwoNews said:

Ribbon cutting for improvements at Love Park yesterday

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/arts-entertainment/2023/10/24/houston-cuts-ribbon-on-new-playground-improvements-at-love-park/

"Improvements at Love Park included:

• new playground equipment for ages 5-12
  • a new exercise station
  • consolidating the picnic area to increase open green space
  • regrading and smoothing the surface of the large multiuse field
  • resurfacing and replacing the walking trail
  • added five new LED lights throughout the park
  • improving drainage with a new detention area and improved drainage swales
  • installing new benches, picnic tables and trash cans
  • pruning trees
  • repairing building floodlights
  • refreshing park signage and painting of buildings and pool area"

Where is the robocop to arrest and punish the morons who let their dogs run loose there?