Retail Building At 2522 Yale St.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created September 19, 2017. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum due to a mod removing my account and its content in "error"  (supposedly). The information may be outdated or no longer relevant, but reupping provides an archive to what was posted. It also provides a place to post future updates about this property if and when it's redeveloped  An archive link  of the thread before its deletion is coming.

The four buildings at 2518 Yale, 2522 Yale, 99 Aurora, 107 Aurora will be redeveloped. One of the buildings, which houses cocktail bar Johnny's Gold Brick at 2518 Yale has been redeveloped. The surrounding buildings will follow suit.

(Photos: Google Maps)

TLiDNEs.jpg

natT6yu.jpg

kvjmkLy.jpg

This was originally posted September 19, 2017 in the previous thread for 2522 Yale. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Here's the Loopnet listing:

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/20359472/2518-2522-Yale-Houston-TX/ (Archive link)

Prime Heights acreage consisting of 4 buildings on 33,875 sq/ft of dirt.

Lot Size 33,875 SF

Rare opportunity in the Heights — multiple addresses with 4 buildings —  2522 Yale - 4,584 sf, 2518 Yale- 1,457 sf, 99 Aurora- 2,890 sf  & 107 Aurora — 921 sf house — 33,875 sf of Land 

This was originally posted September 19, 2017 in the previous thread for 2522 Yale. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

The parcel of land, consisting of  2518 Yale, 2522 Yale, 99 Aurora, 107 Aurora, was sold recently to Braun Enterprises. Braun will redevelop the commercial properties into retail, fitness studio, and restaurant possibly.

1aYgiQR.jpg

Site plan for 2518 Yale St in Houston
4w0rb5I.jpg

This was in the previous thread for 2522 Yale. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, September 20, 2017 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Yes. Braun Enterprises and Randon Capital are doing great things for the Heights in terms of cool projects and building preservation.

This was in the previous thread for 2522 Yale. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, September 20, 2017 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

About the Braun Enterprise redevelopment of 2518 Yale, 2522 Yale, 99 Aurora, 107 Aurora  from Houston Business Journal today:

The Houston-based real estate developer is working to reposition the property at 2518 Yale St. in the Heights. The property's sole tenant is Johnny's Gold Brick, a bar concept from Houston's Treadsack Restaurant Group.

Once Braun's redevelopment delivers in August 2018, 2518 Yale St. will be comprised of the bar, a new 4,523-square-foot building facing Yale Street and a redeveloped 2,929-square-foot building on Aurora Road behind Johnny's Gold Brick.

In total, 2518 Yale St. will comprise 9,065 square feet.

Braun didn't disclose how much capital it's investing into the redevelopment.

Houston's Tipps Architecture is designing the project. Houston's Topique Construction is the general contractor.

More here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/09/20/exclusive-braun-enterprises-kicks-off-heights.html

Originally posted by Mab, March 6, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

confirmed tenant 

Bishop Cut/Color

https://bishops.co/ 

Flyer
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/58cc240cbf629aaf4858104e/t/5a9702ceec212d17012ea536/1519846102630/Braun+Enterprises+-+2522+Yale.pdf

iC8YcuR.jpg

eh3LYH2.jpg

Originally posted by j_cuevas713, March 12, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:15 PM, Mab said:

Wow so 2 locations now

Originally posted by Icemanhorns84, July 8, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Just a small update that the building off Yale St. next to Johnny's Gold Brick has been demolished.

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, August 3, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

More on the new tenants for 2522 Yale in the Heights

From Houston Chronicle:

Braun Enterprises has signed a second retail tenant at its 2522 Yale redevelopment in the Heights. F45 Training, represented by Sage Klement with Streetwise, will occupy 3,000 square feet in a new fitness studio adjoining Bishops salon. Braun's will build out the second floor with one to four office suites with shared amenities such as a conference room and coffee bar as it expands its new Urban Office by Braun Enterprises brand. The space will be ready for tenants by October.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Retail-wrap-Japanese-cream-puff-chain-Beard-13126645.php

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, August 3, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Another update on 2522 Yale in Houston from The Leader

Zachary Wolf of Braun Enterprises said that construction is underway at 2522 Yale and they expect to deliver to the tenants by October. Johnny’s Gold Brick will remain open through and after construction. In addition to previously signed tenant Bishops Barber Shop, Braun has signed F45 Training, a global fitness training community specializing in innovative, high intensity group workouts. Franchisee David Giffin has another location in Sugarland Town Center.

Wolf says they currently have 2,929 square feet available in Building 2.

“[On] the second floor we will be building out office space ranging from single to four office suites,” said Wolf. “There will be shared common area amenities such as a conference room and coffee bar. We are branding this as Urban Office by Braun Enterprises.”

Wolf said that they plan to do this on future retail locations as well. The first location is at 535 W. 20th on top of Sola Salon.

http://theleadernews.com/business-briefs-update-on-local-developments/

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, August 8, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

More on what's to come at 2522 Yale.

From Houston Business Journal:

When it delivers in October, one of Houston-based Braun Enterprises' numerous Heights-area redevelopments will offer just over 5,000 square feet of creative office space – a relatively new trend cropping up in Braun's projects.

Braun's redevelopment project at 2522 Yale St. will include 5,122 square feet of creative office space on the building's second floor, Braun's Zach Wolf told the HBJ. The space can be divided into as many as four office suites, Wolf said, and the shared space will include a common conference room and coffee bar.

So far, retail and medical companies have expressed interest in the office space, Wolf said. Braun is open to leasing all of the office space to a single tenant, he said. The space is dubbed "Urban Office by Braun Enterprises," and the company plans to add more "Urban Office" space to many of its retail properties. The company's first "Urban Office" was built above Sola Salon at 535 W. 20th St., Wolf said.

Braun, which is known for buying retail properties in the Heights and adapting them into viable mixed-use developments, has been adding more office projects to its portfolio. In January, Braun acquired 5757 Woodway, a 162,188-square-foot office building in the Galleria area. The company is adding creative office space to the building.

The property at 2522 Yale St. is currently home to three tenants – Bishops, a barber shop; Johnny's Gold Brick and F45, an Australian gym and training concept that's currently expanding in Texas. There's around 2,900 square feet available in the project, but Braun is extremely close to leasing that space, Wolf said.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/08/08/braun-redevelopment-in-the-heights-to-include.html

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, September 28, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

A coffee shop and roastery will open at 2522 Yale.

From CultureMap:

Jacob Ibarra is one such coffee disciple. The native Houstonian and Texas A&M graduate (aka, former student) has devoted his life to teaching others how to brew the perfect cup.

That’s why he’s working towards opening a new cafe and roastery in the Heights. Located in the Braun Enterprises development at 2522 Yale St. (behind Johnny’s Gold Brick), Tenfold Coffee aims to foster education for both the people who make coffee and the people who drink it. In addition to serving coffee and food, patrons will be able to watch the roasting process take place within the building when it opens next summer.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/09-28-18-tenfold-coffee-new-heights-cafe-roastery-jacob-ibarra-braun-enterprises/

Originally posted by thedistrict84, September 28, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

There there was a relatively rough but complete 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca out behind Johnny’s Gold Brick, which was incorporated into their back courtyard (before the courtyard was shut off). It looked like it had been sitting in the same spot for decades. It would have been in the general area of this redevelopment.

I wonder if it’s still there?

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, December 10, 2018 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Construction progress of 2522 Yale St, the adjacent warehouse at 101 Aurora St, and the paving of the parking lot. 

Photos are from Google Maps (original links posted in the previous thread didn't save, had to reup the images to new links)

Street View of Yale St, November 2018

SMl2GtM.jpg

RYv2Ss1.jpg

QbcwXH4.jpg

tsdcQqC.jpg

g6KdNGL.jpg

JtdDi8Q.jpg

m4wBjEU.jpg

6oUn4ar.jpg

YuK4BOi.jpg

6Zse6tx.jpg

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, February 20, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Construction progress of 2522 Yale St and  the adjacent warehouse at 101 Aurora St.

Screenshots are from a video uploaded to Instagram this week.

6JCIn7o.jpg

YviC5mF.jpg

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, March 24, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

A construction progress photo of  2522 Yale.
This was posted on Tipps Architecture's Instagram earlier this week.

xGiK2OX.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvFR-uDAvXP

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, May 4, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

A construction progress photo of  2522 Yale.
This was posted on Tipps Architecture's Instagram .

K5fVPJF.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6--KTgRfl

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, May 20, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Updated rendering of 2522 Yale in Houston, in the Heights.

Image is from Braun Enterprises' updated property listing.

https://www.urbanofficebybe.com/2522-yale

Rendering shows F45 Training and co-working offices from Braun Enterprises.

The co-working office from Braun Enterprises is named Urban Office.
More on it here: https://www.urbanofficebybe.com/

UGFGKBf.jpg

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, May 20, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Updated site plan of 2522 Yale in Houston, in the Heights.

Ground level

Dt4iHfa.jpg
(direct link)

Second story:

dPq7FqM.jpg

Construction progress photo of 2522 Yale in Houston, in the Heights.

From Tipps Architecture in early May:

mv82E1P.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw6_FA8ggQn

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel,  June 9, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Construction progress photo of 2522 Yale in Houston, in the Heights.

From Tipps Architecture yesterday:

SQwZ3Jr.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byd05mHAHxb

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel,  June 21, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Remodeling construction picture of Tenfold Coffee

Posted to Instagram this morning:

vAyjzbN.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/By-IJmWn7_R

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel,  June 29, 2019 in the thread for 2522 Yale.

Remodeling construction picture of Tenfold Coffee

Posted to Instagram this week.

tc0weum.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzNo7daHfRT

Archived