Powerfuels' Houston Clean Energy Park At 12045 South Main St.

Highrise Tower

• The title was changed to Powefuels' Houston Clean Energy Park at 12045 South Main

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/10-q-biofuels-power-corp-2015-06-12

We purchased this 79 acre site on March 20, 2009 for a price of $1,350,000. This acquisition included 79 acres of land (now 54 acres after the sale of 25 acres during 2009) at the intersection of South Main Street and Hiram Clarke Road, together with all infrastructure, equipment, buildings and other improvements.

The H. O. Clarke property is adjacent to a 500 MW switchyard operated by CenterPoint Energy and has ready access to the Texas ERCOT grid. This decommissioned power plant was originally operated by Houston Lighting and Power with a total of 268 MW of gas fired steam generation until the 1980s. An additional 78 MW of gas fired turbines were added to the distribution system as peaking units and were last used in 2004. These peaking units have been removed from the site but the interconnection equipment remains. We plan to build a GTL pilot plant on this site to commercially converting stranded natural gas resources to synthetic crude oil. We do not have sufficient financial resources to restore operation to this power plant site and there can be no assurance that suitable financing will be available when needed. If we are not able to attract adequate financing, we may have to delay or abandon plans for all or part of the re-commissioning of this site.

The key to this site is its central location inside the nation's fourth largest city and the opportunity to build a model alternative fuel demonstration site. We plan to form the Houston Clean Energy Park on this site to introduce a variety of GTL projects. Planned elements include different syngas reformer designs, GTL reactor technologies and gas processing units.

• The title was changed to Powerfuels' Houston Clean Energy Park at 12045 South Main
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Powerfuels' Houston Clean Energy Park At 12045 South Main St.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@ChannelTwoNews and @Rossmentioned this site today, as the H.O. Clarke Generating Station.   I wonder if there was a different plant here that was demolished and rebuilt as you currently see. I saw a partial demolition back in 2019.

There is major construction right here. I really need to drive by and take a picture.

11 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

@ChannelTwoNews and @Rossmentioned this site today, as the H.O. Clarke Generating Station.   I wonder if there was a different plant here that was demolished and rebuilt as you currently see. I saw a partial demolition back in 2019.

There is major construction right here. I really need to drive by and take a picture.

It was a Reliant Energy generating plant built in the 1940's and expanded later. It wasn't very large, less than 400MW, and was closed and demolished. I don't think there was any other power plant there.

Centerpoint still has the substation there, and it looks like CP still has their serivce center, but I don't think that was part of the power plant.

Edited by Ross
  • Like 1