Taco Stand At 2018 N. Shepherd Dr.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created October 3, 2019. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum due to a mod removing my account and its content in "error"  (supposedly).  An archive link  of the thread before its deletion is here.

2018 North Shepherd Drive in the Heights, Houston.

VKbsPF7.png

7L2PhFZ.png

6pyoQEM.png

MkIdGde.png

Aerial View
bIVf2ed.jpg

Street view from October 2018
2DuZE0s.jpg

This was originally posted October 3, 2019 in the previous thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

More  on 2018 N Shepherd Dr from a 2017 Loopnet leasing listing:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2018-N-Shepherd-Dr-Houston-TX/9418492/  (archive link)

Property Type; Retail   
Property Sub-type:  Freestanding   

Year Built: 1950
Gross Leasable Area:    2,072 SF

About the Property:

• 2,072 SF existing building with 20 parking spaces
  • Ideal for Coffee shop, dentist, medical, boutique clothing, juice / smoothie, ice cream, cookies, phone, and more! 
  • Prime space on the southeast corner of N Shepherd Dr & 21st St in Houston, Texas

Photos from 42 Floors
https://42floors.com/us/tx/houston/2018-n-shepherd-dr

1fKrsfA.jpg

fkZ17LE.jpg

YpGKe4P.jpg

This was originally posted October 3, 2019 in the previous thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Harris County Appraisal District lists Third Month, Inc. as the owner of 2018 N Shepherd Dr.

Third Month, Inc is connected to Shawn Bermudez ( Pistolero's , Stone's Throw , The Burger Joint , Present Company ).

A plan review for a building project on this property was submitted recently to the city of Houston permit services department. The building may be renovated for a restaurant or bar from Bermudez or someone else.

This was in the previous thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by saveferris, October 3, 2019 in the thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights.

certainly explains why the burger joint's picnic tables were stored on this lot for a while.  and if its anything like the timeline of burger joint, whatever this is should be open by 2023.

This was in the previous thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by s3mh, October 3, 2019 in the thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights.

There is currently work going on in the  empty lot on the east side of this property.  I have heard that Burger Joint was in a tiff with the city over parking.  Perhaps empty lot is going to be parking to meet city minimums to get Burger Joint open (finally).

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, October 4, 2019 in the thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights.

On 10/3/2019 at 1:16 PM, saveferris said:

certainly explains why the burger joint's picnic tables were stored on this lot for a while.  and if its anything like the timeline of burger joint, whatever this is should be open by 2023.

The delayed timeline for the Burger Joint's Heights restaurant could have a a few causes: Permitting as always, money diverted after the fire during the renovation of Royal Oak into Present Company bar in Montrose.

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, October 4, 2019 in the thread for 2018 N Shepherd Dr | The Heights.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, s3mh said:

There is currently work going on in the  empty lot on the east side of this property.  I have heard that Burger Joint was in a tiff with the city over parking.  Perhaps empty lot is going to be parking to meet city minimums to get Burger Joint open (finally).

Maybe.

A plan review was submitted recently to the city's permitting center for construction or renovation work at 2018 N Shepherd. Present Company is listed as the project on the permit.

I don't know if this will be a Heights location for Present Company. It could be a filler name. Who knows.

In an interview with Eater Houston two months ago, Shawn Bermudez expressed no desire to open more locations of Present Company.

Despite Present Company’s runaway success, and the fact that he’s been presented with multiple offers outside of Houston, Bermudez doesn’t have any plans to open any future locations of the bar. “I’ve never opened a bar with the idea of opening another one that is exactly the same,” he says. “That just never crossed my mind. I don’t want to say I would never open another one, but it’s pretty close to that. I just don’t see myself doing the same bar over and over again.”

https://houston.eater.com/2019/8/2/20749642/present-company-montrose-eater-houston-bar-of-the-year

It's also possible 2018 N Shepherd could be a taco restaurant from Shawn Bermudez (Royal Oak, Present Company, The Burger Joint) . Or this could be something similar to Bermudez's Pistolero's in Montrose. If so, it would go head to head with Cantina Barba.

There is an entity pointing to a taco business linked to Bermudez. It's fairly recent, filed within the 12 months, I think. 

Have plans for this property been discussed in civic club meetings? And is the a TABC notice on the premises yet? 

• The title was changed to 2018 N Shepherd Dr

Yes, Shawn Bermudez is bringing another restaurant to the Heights with the Taco Stand at 2018 N Shepherd Dr. This will include a walk-up window once renovations are completed.

I haven't confirmed this with Bermudez or his publicist because my website is not ready to relaunch. But I have been following this for some time. 4 web domains were registered for Taco Stand this spring.

• 8 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, hindesky said:

L1RTLWT.png

A new restaurant is bringing traditional Mexican street style tacos to The Heights.

The Taco Stand from the team behind The Burger Joint, chef Matthew Pak and Shawn Bermudez, will launch at 2018 N. Shepherd Dr. this fall, according to a Friday release.Offerings will include pastor, barbacoa, lengua, carnitas and vegan tacos, all served with onions and cilantro on house-made corn and flour tortillas.The Taco Stand will also serve breakfast tacos and frozen margaritas.

Chef Pak traveled to Mexico City and Los Angeles to research the menu. “I love the culture (of Mexico), and traditional Mexican cuisine is my favorite food,” he said in the release.

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Burger-Joint-owners-to-open-The-Taco-Stand-15505698.php?cmpid=hpctp

• The title was changed to 2018 N. Shepherd Dr.
  • The title was changed to Taco Stand At 2018 N. Shepherd Dr.

Archived