8th Wonder Distillery At 2201 Dallas St.

This thread was originally created December 23, 2017. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum due to a mod removing my account and its content in "error"  (supposedly). The information may be outdated or no longer relevant, but reupping provides an archive to what was posted. It also provides a place to post future updates about this property if and when it's redeveloped  An archive link of the thread before its deletion is coming.

A build out for a rum distillery at 2201 Dallas St in EaDo. From the East Village thread (before all of my posts and other contributions were deleted 😞

On 12/4/2016 at 9:09 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Saw something about another distillery opening here on a friend's Facebook post. They deleted it so I can't recall if the distillery is opening at East Village or close by.

A rum distillery is being built  at 2201 Dallas by the name Revolution Rum. I have not read any thing about it but if it's true, it would be cool to have a vodka and rum distillery near downtown.

eP9vtyv.jpg

d6jTRLX.jpg

4iDUdMz.jpg

This was originally posted December 23, 2016 in the previous thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Construction pictures of Rum Revolution, the distillery being built out at 2201 Dallas. It's across from the East Village development. Mak Studio designed it.

Distilling chamber in progress.... coming soon to #eado .... RUM!! @makstudio_us #rum #localdistillery #madeinhouston #madeintexas #masterdistiller #arduino #lsualumni #utalumni
9wgTPnW.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOQkaxejN5v

This was originally posted December 23, 2016 in the previous thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Construction pictures from HM Fab Steel showing the progress of Revolution Rum ( 2201 Lamar St 😞

YHipq7P.jpg

5XEG7X3.jpg

ykDG0rR.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/HMSteelFab/photos/?tab=album&album_id=896375647163315

This was in the previous thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by samagon, January 3,, 2017 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

A rum distillery in Houston? and close to my house? 2017 is really going to be a good year :)

This was in the previous thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, January 18,, 2017 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

Highlights from today's Houston Business Journal article about Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery at 2201 Dallas St:

Paul Revere Rum Distillery has been in the works for nearly five years and is set to open in east downtown in the coming weeks, founder and partner Paul Stephens told the Houston Business Journal. Stephens, alongside partners Morris Nichols, Peter Vo and Chad Hallmark, leased roughly 2,500 square feet at 2201 Dallas St. in east downtown for the rum distillery.

The distillery is located just down the street from the fast-growing 8th Wonder Brewery and across the street from Ancorian's East Village development, which will contain a large patio for food trucks and several bars and restaurants.

"We’ve spent the last 12 months building out the distillery and getting ready for people to come visit us," Nichols said.

Stephens leased the space at 2201 Dallas St. in 2014. Aside from the partners, there are no outside investors in Paul Revere Rum, which was previously known as Revolution Rum. That's allowed them a flexible timeline to develop the clear rum that will be available when doors open.

The distillery is licensed to sell no more than 3,000 gallons of rum for on-premise consumption and 3,500 gallons for off-premise consumption annually. Customers will be able to buy two commemorative bottles of Paul Revere Rum every 30 days, according to guidelines from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission.

"Our goal is to make the best clear rum in a bottle," Stephens said.

The distillery wants to break the mold of rum being marketed as a vacation or island drink. And rather than selling flavored or spiced rums, the partners plan to eventually develop and sell spice packets that customers can add to Paul Revere Rum.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/01/18/houstons-first-rum-distillery-nears-opening-date.html

Originally posted by cUtterlyUrban, January 19,, 2017 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

I am not a rum drinker.  Not a fan.  But I will head to this place and buy some to help them be successful!

, even if it means I give the stuff away as a gift.

Originally posted by kbates2 January 19,, 2017 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

I am a rum drinker. Hoping they are adding in aged runs down the road.  Not a clear rum fan at all.

Originally posted by samagon January 23,, 2017 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

lol kbates2.

I was (well, still am) excited about the prospect of a rum distillery right down the street from my house. I really enjoy a nice aged rum, neat with a water back, but clear rums have their place too. tiki drinks mostly. I'll support a local place.

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, October 17, 2017 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

Paul Revere Rum Distillery closed operations at their EaDo home last month because they outgrew the space. They're relocating to a bigger facility. The location will be announced at a later date.

Replacing Paul Revere Distillery's at 2201 Dallas St will be 8th Wonder Brewery's new spirits business, 8th Wonder Distillery as posted in another EaDo thread:

On 10/17/2017 at 2:18 PM, HoustonMidtown said:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32934-east-village-mixed-use-development-at-1201-st-emanuel/?do=findComment&comment=560209

More:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/10-17-17-8th-wonder-brewery-establishes-eado-distillery/

https://houston.eater.com/2017/10/17/16488348/8th-wonder-brewery-distillery-expansion

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, July 25, 2018 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

8th Wonder Brewery's distillery at 2201 Dallas St in Houston opened this month.
https://8thwonder.com/distillery

From Houston Chronicle:

The distillery offers vodka and gin to complement its sister brewery's line of Houston-influenced beers like Dome Faux'm, IntellectuAle, Weisstheimer, and Hopston.

Located across the street from the existing brewery and its backyard WonderWorld area, the distillery and tasting room were both announced in October 2017.

The distillery will be serving the new spirits in signature cocktails or customers can sample it neat if they would prefer. The same inventiveness that goes into concocting the flavor profiles of the brewery's beer is also seeping into how they make spirits.rs and see what people think."

"We use the hops we use at the brewery in our gin which give it a very floral taste," 8th Wonder co-founder and president Ryan Soroka said Monday. "Our vodka is distilled eight times to give it fresher, clean taste."

"It's a much more intimate feel than the brewery space," Soroka said. "We're ready to open the doors and see what people think."

...There are plans to introduce whiskey and other spirits later, according to Soroka. Some of the distilling barrels and materials are a part of the decor inside the tasting room, giving patrons an up close look at the process.

"There is a white brandy on the way, and soon we will be making whiskey and bourbon but those be won't be available for a few years," Soroka said.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/8th-Wonder-Brewery-s-new-distillery-opens-to-the-13043209.php

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, July 25, 2018 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

More on 8th Wonder Distillery at 2201 Dallas St in Houston.

From Houstonia

Just across the currently under-construction Dallas Street from the brewery, the distillery is showcasing vodka and gin, typical of new distilleries because they don’t require aging and can be served immediately. The vodka is distilled eight times, stripping away harshness and leaving a relatively clean, smooth sip. The gin is produced with hops used at the brewery, with the first batch including Cascade, and is lighter on the juniper profile that defines the spirit. A taste of the gin revealed a combination of fruity and earthy notes, with the sharp sweetness of black licorice pushing its way to the front.

The distillery will be changing the featured hop for its gin, allowing variations that might bend it to a more citrusy profile, or to something more bitter and herbal. Soroka says 8th Wonder plans to produce white brandy and absinthe, and will soon dive into whiskey, rye, and bourbon, which all take longer to produce.

And you can drink all this liquor inside the distillery’s post-industrial, extremely 2018 tasting room. There’s subway tile and brick walls, high ceilings with exposed beams, bourbon barrels sprinkled across the floor, and a chalkboard describing special vodka and gin cocktails, plus standard neat pours ($5 each).

Soroka calls it “an intimate, elevated experience,” different from the broader, casual experience of the brewery, where pets roam in the outdoor beer garden and kids can cackle as loud as they want. But that’s the evolution: A brewery decked in Astros nostalgia and Houston memorabilia here, a cool subway-tile distillery tasting room there.

https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/2018/7/24/8th-wonder-distillery

6D1vJj1.jpg

From 8th Wonder Distillery:

fjAxskf.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk8XbDTneKR

Originally posted by HtownWxBoy, July 25, 2018 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

Great news for EaDo!  

Originally posted by UtterlyUrban, July 25, 2018 in the thread for Paul Revere Revolution Rum Distillery @ 2201 Dallas Street.

Great news indeed.  What happened to the rum?

• The title was changed to 8th Wonder Distillery 2201 Dallas St.
  • The title was changed to 8th Wonder Distillery At 2201 Dallas St.

Archived