Sign in to follow this  
cspwal

Cool places in Houston for a wedding?

I've had the pleasure of dealing with trying (and failing) to find a place for 9 months now, so now I want some help to hopefully see what I'm forgetting.  What are some unique places in Houston to do a wedding?  We've already looked at a few obvious places (Discovery green, Centennial gardens, Union Station) but there's got to be somewhere that I'm just blanking on.  

I'm hoping for somewhere that's inner loop and architecturally interesting.  Besides that, anyone know of anything?

Thanks

• Like 1

The Crystal Ballroom at The Rice may suit your needs. I don't know if it's "unique" because I see weddings and events there weekly, but that could be due to my proximity to it.

Edited by jermh
  • Like 1

We looked at it.  50% of us liked it, with the other 50% worried that it would cost a lot to decorate.

We got married at the Majestic Metro downtown. It is certainly unique, but it may not pass the test unless you both happen to be film buffs or like old theaters (also, the interior is not all original as it's been renovated to make it more suitable for hosting events). 

The Rothko Chapel used to allow weddings, but they had a strict limit on the number of attendees which would be a dealbreaker for many people (it was for us), even if they weren't currently closed until next year due to the ongoing renovations. 

There have been a few threads about this topic in the past on the Houston subreddit - it would probably be worth your time to do a search over there. 

• Like 1

Is The Corinthian still up and running? That was the location of my favorite wedding I've ever attended in Houston.

Yep. corinthianhouston.net

I'm guessing it's pricy but a cool old building and you can't go wrong with Jackson Hicks catering. 

These two are pretty unique (for Houston):

The Astorian has a great view on the roof and the inside is soooo beautiful. When we wanted to have ours there, they wouldn't let people on the roof yet because it wasn't ready, but I hear now they do. Also, they may work with your favorite ethnic place for food, depends on them.

The Asia Society Texas Center is beautiful inside, and the upstairs with the water mist...thingy is very pretty. They do weddings for sure, I see them every so often.

If I think of anything, I'll add to the thread. Good luck!

• Like 1