Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

The Block 2339 Commerce St

This was in the previous thread for 2339 Commerce | 2339 Commerce St | Second Ward | Redevelopment. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by crockpotandgravel, June 24,  2019 in the thread for 2339 Commerce | 2339 Commerce St | Second Ward | Redevelopment.

More on the Houston location of Bishop Cidercade at 2339 Commerce in Second Ward: 

From Houston Business Journal:

...The Houston location will be the concept's new flagship.

Co-owner Joel Malone wants to see what kind of cider Houstonians are craving. To do that kind of research and development, he says, having a brick-and-mortar location in the market helps. 

...The cidercade will seat 250 and will span 20,000 square feet, including a patio.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/06/21/why-a-dallas-based-cidercade-decided-to-bring-its.html

This was in the previous thread for 2339 Commerce | 2339 Commerce St | Second Ward | Redevelopment. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by crock, June 24,  2019 in the thread for 2339 Commerce | 2339 Commerce St | Second Ward | Redevelopment.

I remember the first day Bishop Cider opened in a little hole in the wall in the bishop arts district, I walked right up to Joel and asked him where his apples came from/what varietals they used, and he mumbled something about the northeast then said Michigan and maybe New York.  If you care about craft or actual cider, they're total and complete garbage.   

i'm hopeful the houston cider company thats being built near sawyer yards is truthful about their owners attachment to a specific orchard and that they focus on actual varietals/heirlooms, and not just making flavored apple juice. 

Originally posted by thedistrict84, July 10,  2019 in the thread for 2339 Commerce | 2339 Commerce St | Second Ward | Redevelopment.

There is some activity and new equipment at the site, including a paver. Looks like they might finally pave the parking lot—curbs were already done, trees have been planted in the medians between rows, and the lot has been leveled for some time.

C1fs4hH.jpg

• Like 1

Originally posted by HoustonMidtown, August 1,  2019 in the thread for 2339 Commerce | 2339 Commerce St | Second Ward | Redevelopment.

Parking lot almost done

FQkuyIU.jpg

Houston Midtown, on Flickr

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

On 11/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, JBTX said:

Oh man, I forgot that the original look was going to be colorful. Oh well. I do like the wood-paneled side.

I like the wood-paneled sided building too, but sort of  wish Ancorian would have kept the colorful design. That alone would have made it an instant spot to take photos for the 'gram.

Last week, another tenant was announced for The Block, Ancorian's new Second Ward development at 2339 Commerce St:

The announcement provided insight on the coworking  office reported over the last two years.

Ancorian signed  Common Desk, a coworking office from Dallas.

I think the address Houston Chronicle reported from the press release is wrong. Instead of 2339 Commerce,  the Chronicle lists 2339 Canal St.

From Houston Chronicle last week:

Coworking company Common Desk opened its first location in 2012 in Deep Ellum, a neighborhood just east of downtown Dallas known for its arts and entertainment venues.

The company saw similar characteristics in Houston’s EaDo, where it's planning its newest outpost.

Dallas-based Common Desk will occupy 25,000-square-feet in a warehouse redevelopment project at 2339 Canal St. called The Block.

“EaDo reminds us of Deep Ellum,” Nick Clark, CEO of Common Desk, said in an announcement. “It has the cultural authenticity and significance that we as a brand love to build a foundation from, offering the diverse variety of concepts and convenience you want from a submarket, without the congestion and parking difficulties you might find in a central business district.”

The new EaDo coworking space will have shared desks, eight conference rooms, private offices and suites for larger teams. Amenities will include a fitness concept, an outdoor patio, coffee shop, wet bar and shared kitchen. It will open next summer, the company said.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Dallas-coworking-company-to-open-EaDo-outpost-14691880.php

Edited by CrockpotandGravel