Retail And Office At 1512 Center St.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created July 22, 2018. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link  of this thread before its deletion is here.

Mods, please don't move this to the Heights forum where all of my other Washington Corridor posts were moved to this week. This is NOT in the Heights and it's not part of the Heights area. It's the Washington Corridor area, an entirely different area that as suggested and advocated for previously needs its own forum. There is lots of development happening here, much spurred by the Sawyer Yards and Buffalo Heights developments, which usually merits the creation of a new neighborhood fourm. Thanks.

The warehouse and industrial property at 1512 Center St, off Washington Avenue is off the market.

From Loopnet
 http://www.loopnet.com/listing/1512-center-st-houston-tx/8340767/
https://web.archive.org/web/20180722115645/http://www.loopnet.com/listing/1512-center-st-houston-tx/8340767/ (archive link)

Industrial warehouse built in 1976
18 Ft ceiling height
1.40 acres, lot size

3tXmvdq.jpg

EdvqXok.jpg

This was originally posted  July 22, 2018 in the previous thread for 1512 Center St. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

The warehouse at 1512 Center St will become a co-working office.

From Houston Chronicle

REth!nk, a new coworking brand focused on the real estate industry, has acquired the Master Mattress Works building at 1512 Center Street at Houston Avenue. The property, along with another in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, will launch a national network of spaces in spring 2019.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Real-estate-briefs-New-coworking-brand-13089151.php

This was in the previous thread for 1512 Center St. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by Texasota, July 22, 2018 in the thread for 1512 Center St.

At least part of that building looks a lot older than 1976. It'll be interesting to see how they clean it up.

This was in the previous thread for 1512 Center St. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

Originally posted by Crockpotandgravel, May 29, 2019 in the thread for 1512 Center St.

Demo report  from Community Impact:

Not too far from this Heights project, another commercial project is making headway in the Washington Avenue corridor. Rethink, a coworking space catering to real estate and development professionals, received permits for demolition work at 1512 Center St.

“In a former mattress factory, we are transforming the warehouse into our flagship location,” a statement on the firm’s website reads.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/city-county/2019/05/27/demo-monday-fitzgeralds-rethink-coworking-space-and-more-houston-demolition-permit-activity-may-20-24/

Originally posted by Crock, May 29, 2019 in the thread for 1512 Center St.

they took out parts of the brick walls in a way that looks like they're planning to build patios or large windows in a lot of it. 

Originally posted by Luminare, July 30, 2019 in the thread for 1512 Center St.

Going to go ahead and bump this to "Renovations/Reuse/Revamp" on the map. Was waiting for photo confirmation. Thanks.

• The title was changed to 1512 Center St
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So this is no longer the 'real estate coworking space' it was intended to be. the Deal Co has purchased and is going to renovate it as office and event space. 

From talking to the new owners, it seems as the last people really messed this place up. Luckily, I have confidence this will be re-imaged nicely without losing the historic touches that originally made this building special. 

I am very thankful this has been saved despite the almost complete destruction.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to 1512 Center St.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...