Chatter's Cafe & Bistro At 140 S. Heights Blvd.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created July 16, 2019. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link  will be posted soon.

140 South Heights Boulevard in Houston.

ffPUUME.jpg

O1QOzIs.jpg

wyq6ChJ.jpg

Street View from October 2015

nYG3ExE.jpg

Vnqq7n5.jpg

Street View December 2016 (S Heights Blvd @ Raymond St )

gJoGr76.jpg

Street View 2016 (Raymond St)

1WyanXh.jpg

aoX49Yx.jpg

Raymond & Waugh
fucpB6i.jpg

Street View of 28 Waugh St, from 2015
bbMpwlj.jpg

• Like 1

This was originally posted  July 16, 2019 in the previous thread for 140 S Heights Blvd. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

This is the Loopnet listing for 140 South Heights Blvd posted in the Buffalo Heights District forum (this is not part of Buffalo Heights):

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/15093-archstone-memorial-heights-100-waugh-being-redeveloped-to-buffalo-heights-district/?do=findComment&comment=595449

On 7/3/2019 at 2:26 AM, Urbannizer said:

Listing for a site for sale across Buffalo Heights also confirms Northbank Buffalo Bayou:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/140-S-Heights-Blvd-Houston-TX/16467675/   (archive link)

Brochure: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/IanBAkydr9KpeX79SlcpnrJYpTCWK-FL7FJeuTV7PME/document.pdf (archive link)

TyUc5or.jpg

(direct link to non-compressed and full sized image)

qdGcfEW.jpg

WlutIB8.jpg

NKPThGM.jpg

UoEX8qE.jpg

YJIXsUL.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was originally posted  July 16 2019 in the previous thread for 140 S Heights Blvd. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. 

From the Loopnet listing of 140 S Heights Blvd in Houston, listing posted in June:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/140-S-Heights-Blvd-Houston-TX/16467675/   (archive link)

Property Sub-type: Residential
Total Lot Size: 0.80 AC

0.8 Acres with frontage on S Heights Blvd, Waugh Dr, and Raymond St.
  Across from Midway's Buffalo Heights (HEB) Development.

This lot includes Chatters, the restaurant at 140 S Heights Blvd and the bar behind it Darwin's Pub at 33 Waugh Dr (was also Kobain)

9 hours ago, Visitor said:

With regard consistency, why was only this topic moved to "Other Houston Neighborhoods" from "The Heights"?

It can't be based on location as there are many Washington Corridor threads still living in "The Heights"

Why are these being moved to other neighborhoods? These rightfully live in the Heights forum UNTIL there is potentially a Washington Corridor Forum, which there currently is not, and may never be.....

Can we PLEASE leave these in Heights. This is 140 HEIGHTS BLVD for God sakes....

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 140 S Heights Blvd
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to 140 S. Heights Blvd
  • The title was changed to 140 S. Heights Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Chatter's Cafe & Bistro At 140 S. Heights Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...

Recent permits related to 140 S Heights Blvd list Farmstand on Heights as the buyer and occupant. I'm not sure Farmstand on Heights is the name of the business or not. I'm unable to locate anything else pertaining to it.

At the site is local restaurant Chatter's. In recent years, game room Offsuit opened in the back of Chatter's.

Does anyone know if Chatter's open or planning to rebrand? Or is it closing? 

1 Story Occupancy Inspection permit filed today:

McPQGjO.png

Certificate of Occupancy permit filed today:

gXgf1qr.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

There are also recent permits for Nadine's on Waugh. It's located at 3720 Raymond St. It's located in the same building as either Darwin's or Chatters. 

According to the permits filed yesterday, Nadine's on Waugh is a bar.

I don't know if Nadine's on Waugh is replacing game room Offsuit or not.

1 Story Occupancy Inspection permit filed yesterday:

4G7Tu0C.png

Certificate of Occupancy permit filed yesterday:

xlv6PGd.png

• 4 months later...
On 10/16/2023 at 11:56 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Recent permits related to 140 S Heights Blvd list Farmstand on Heights as the buyer and occupant. I'm not sure Farmstand on Heights is the name of the business or not. I'm unable to locate anything else pertaining to it.

At the site is local restaurant Chatter's. In recent years, game room Offsuit opened in the back of Chatter's.

Chatter's closing soon at 140 S Heights Blvd. 

Occupancy permits purchased last fall indicate two concepts are planned for the space. One is Farmstand and the other is Nadine's.

Both concepts are from Verdegreens, which is a billed as a "modern hydroponic farm." According to its website, Verdegreens specializes in "leafy greens, lettuces, microgreens, and culinary herbs."

When news broke regarding La Grange closing in Montrose, Verdegreens announced it's launching a brick-and-mortar restaurant named Farmstand. 

I assume salads will be a big part of Farmstand's menu. Beyond that, I'm not sure. Maybe it will be similar to Local Foods? Perhaps further details will be shared in the coming weeks.

As for Nadine's, I'm not sure what the concept will entail. However, as indicated in occupancy permits above, it will be located in the back of Farmstand at 3720 Raymond St.

Below is a portion of the announcement from January:

Verdegreens will be taking a break from offering our Farmstand salads for a while, but watch this space for some interesting developments: if you liked Farmstand Salads and prepared goods, you quite literally AIN’T SEEN NUTHIN YET.

Farmstand, the restaurant, is coming soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2TriwRg3td

A teaser video and announcement was also posted last month:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2U9W-cgyj3

• Like 1

1 Story Occupancy Inspection permit filed today:

McPQGjO.png

gXgf1qr.png

I think there is a website and an Instagram for Farmstand:

https://farmstandhtx.com

https://www.instagram.com/farmstandhtx

Farmstand is a new restaurant from Verdegreens. The eatery is replacing Chatter's at 140 S Heights Boulevard.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 10:54 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Occupancy permits purchased last fall indicate two concepts are planned for the space. One is Farmstand and the other is Nadine's.

Both concepts are from Verdegreens, which is a billed as a "modern hydroponic farm."

Chron.com has more on Chatter's impending closure. The restaurant is closings its doors soon after two decades.

As previously mentioned, replacing the restaurant at 140 S Heights Blvd is Farmstand. The eatery is a dining concept from Verdegreens. 

After twenty years of service, veteran restaurant Chatter’s Cafe and Bistro is closing... Another tenant is already lined up to occupy Chatter’s soon-to-be former location, [Chatter's co-owner Lauren Mansoudi] said. According to permits, it looks like Verdegreens is going to launch their Farmstand restaurant concept in Chatter’s stead. 

https://www.chron.com/food/article/chatters-restaurant-closure-houston-heights-18698303.php

21 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Chron.com has more on Chatter's impending closure. The restaurant is closings its doors soon after two decades.

As previously mentioned, replacing the restaurant at 140 S Heights Blvd is Farmstand. The eatery is a dining concept from Verdegreens. 

After twenty years of service, veteran restaurant Chatter’s Cafe and Bistro is closing... Another tenant is already lined up to occupy Chatter’s soon-to-be former location, [Chatter's co-owner Lauren Mansoudi] said. According to permits, it looks like Verdegreens is going to launch their Farmstand restaurant concept in Chatter’s stead. 

https://www.chron.com/food/article/chatters-restaurant-closure-houston-heights-18698303.php

There is some misinformation floating about that Chatter's not closing or going out of business. To be clear, it is closing for good. It is not relocating and it is not rebranding. 

The owners of Chatter's own the 140 S Heights property. They also own the parcels at 140 Heights Blvd (parcels behind 140 S Heights), 33 Waugh, and 27 Waugh (where Darwin's Pub is situated.)

Verdegreens is leasing the restaurant space where Chatter's closing. That space will become Farmstand. The restaurant is not affiliated with Chatter's. The only connections to Chatter's Farmstand have are they occupy/occupied the same space at 140 S Heights Blvd and the property is owned by a co-owner of Chatter's.

I'm still unclear where Verdegreens' bar concept Nadine's will go. I know it's will be located behind Farmstand but not sure where. I reached out to Verdegreens, Chatter's, and Darwin's Pub for specifics pertaining to Nadine's exact location, but have not received a response.

5 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think the team behind Chatter's also own Darwin's Pub.

17 hours ago, AS_ said:

I thought they were two sides of the same coin?

That's what I was implying.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 6:24 PM, AS_ said:

Darwins still surviving (pun intended)? I thought they were two sides of the same coin?

On 3/7/2024 at 6:30 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think the team behind Chatter's also own Darwin's Pub. I don't know if Darwin's Pub is closing.

@AS_ Community Impact is reporting Darwin's Pub is closing. Replacing the bar at 33 Waugh Dr will be Good God, Nadine's. It's a new bar from Verdegreens.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/dining/2024/03/26/verdegreens-urban-farm-to-open-restaurant-bar-concept-in-the-heights/

• Like 1

Community Impact published an article yesterday with more details about Farmstand. The restaurant replaces Chatter's at 140 S Heights Blvd.

Additionally, there is further information about the bar named Good God, Nadine's. It's replacing Darwin's Pub at 33 Waugh Dr.

Both food and beverage concepts are from Verdegreens. Farmstand's estimated opening is September.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/dining/2024/03/26/verdegreens-urban-farm-to-open-restaurant-bar-concept-in-the-heights/

• 2 weeks later...

gXgf1qr.png

On 10/17/2023 at 12:04 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

There are also recent permits for Nadine's on Waugh. It's located at 3720 Raymond St. It's located in the same building as either Darwin's or Chatters. 

According to the permits filed yesterday, Nadine's on Waugh is a bar.

I don't know if Nadine's on Waugh is replacing game room Offsuit or not.

1 Story Occupancy Inspection permit filed yesterday:

4G7Tu0C.png

Certificate of Occupancy permit filed yesterday:

xlv6PGd.png

An occupancy HVAC permit was purchased yesterday for 3720 Raymond St.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Occ Report/bar/2,279 Sq Ft/2000 Code
  • FCC Code: Non-residential alteration

As mentioned, a bar named Good God, Nadine's is opening at this location. It's replacing Darwin's Pub at 33 Waugh Dr. The bar comes from local urban farm Verdegreens.

Bb1R1IJ.png

On 4/9/2024 at 2:50 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

An occupancy HVAC permit was purchased yesterday for 3720 Raymond St.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Occ Report/bar/2,279 Sq Ft/2000 Code
  • FCC Code: Non-residential alteration

As mentioned, a bar named Good God, Nadine's is opening at this location. It's replacing Darwin's Pub at 33 Waugh Dr. The bar comes from local urban farm Verdegreens.

Bb1R1IJ.png

An occupancy plumbing permit was purchased Friday for 3720 Raymond St.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Occupancy Report / bar / 2,279 sf / 2000 Code

A bar named Good God, Nadine's is planned here. It's replacing Darwin's Pub at 33 Waugh Dr. The bar is new food & beverage concept by local urban farm Verdegreens.

iUvgIdr.png

On 4/14/2024 at 1:57 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

An occupancy plumbing permit was purchased Friday for 3720 Raymond St.

Details from the permit:

A bar named Good God, Nadine's is planned here. It's replacing Darwin's Pub at 33 Waugh Dr. The bar is new food & beverage concept by local urban farm Verdegreens.

iUvgIdr.png

An occupancy electrical permit was purchased yesterday for 3720 Raymond St.

Details from the permit:

BkyMW2e.png