Retail Center At 1919 N. Shepherd Dr.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created January 8, 2016. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link to this thread is coming soon.

Last summer Braun Enterperises announced plans to redevelop 1919 North Shepherd with Mellow Mushroom as an anchor.

http://i.imgur.com/FCpwvIe.jpg

According to The Leader:

...People were excited at the announcement last August that Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers signed a contract to open shop at Braun’s forthcoming development at 1919 North Shepherd. At the time Braun, also responsible for Ella Plaza and Harold’s in the Heights, said that there will be space for a few more retailers.

The Leader reports Moody Ice will move in:

....Moody Ice, a shaved ice shop with an entrepreneur spirit, will be opening at the site this summer. According to the proprietor, “the possibilities are endless with these fresh ingredients and an assorted cultural influences.”

If possible, please refrain from posting in this thread. I'm in the process of reposting previous content removed in "error",  causing every thread created by me and all posts from me purged from the forum. Please be patient with me as I try to add back relevant content and comments in the order in which they were first created. Thanks.

10 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

If possible, please refrain from posting in this thread. I'm in the process of reposting previous content removed in "error",  causing every thread created by me and all posts from me purged from the forum. Please be patient with me as I try to add back relevant content and comments in the order in which they were first created. Thanks.

Please quit putting this on every thread. We get it, you are trying to replace content that was lost due to you being accidentally marked as a spammer. That's fine, and provides value. You are now actually spamming the board with the same message on every thread. Just stop. Please. It's annoying, and provides absolutely nothing of value, and forces users to scroll past the same message repeatedly. Besides, no one is going to refrain from posting if they have something to add.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 1919 N. Shepherd Dr.

This is old news, but since no one posted an update in the thread about this: Mellow Mushroom closed its Houston location in the Heights (1919 N Shepherd Dr, Suite A) in 2021.

Moving into the unit is local pizzeria Crust Pizza Co. The restaurant specializes in Chicago-style tavern pizzas (thin crust). 

CultureMap reported this last November:

"Suburban favorite Crust Pizza Co. has leased the former Mellow Mushroom space at 1919 N. Shepherd Dr. in the Heights for a new location..."

"The interior design calls for a full remodel with six, 80-inch TVs in the bar along with other TVs..."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/11-15-21-crust-pizza-co-new-location-the-heights-n-shepherd-drive/

Crust Pizza Co. initially anticipated a spring 2022 arrival, but that's come and gone. It's likely this could open by late summer or early fall of this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been going to one of the original Crust Pizzas in the Woodlands for a few years.  Then, I went to one of the new locations in Spring.  Big difference in the quality.  They are quickly going from about a dozen locations to about 25.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2022 at 7:34 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

This is old news, but since no one posted an update in the thread about this: Mellow Mushroom closed its Houston location in the Heights (1919 N Shepherd Dr, Suite A) in 2021.

Moving into the unit is local pizzeria Crust Pizza Co. The restaurant specializes in Chicago-style tavern pizzas (thin crust). 

CultureMap reported this last November:

"Suburban favorite Crust Pizza Co. has leased the former Mellow Mushroom space at 1919 N. Shepherd Dr. in the Heights for a new location..."

"The interior design calls for a full remodel with six, 80-inch TVs in the bar along with other TVs..."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/11-15-21-crust-pizza-co-new-location-the-heights-n-shepherd-drive/

Crust Pizza Co. initially anticipated a spring 2022 arrival, but that's come and gone. It's likely this could open by late summer or early fall of this year.

Crust Pizza Co. recently opened its first inner loop location in the 1919 N Shepherd Dr retail center.  The restaurant took over Mellow Mushroom's former space at 1919 N Shepherd Dr, Ste A.

Photos of the exterior and interior remodel from Google Maps and Instagram:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Moge Tee is opening at 1919 N Shepherd Dr, Suite B, next door to Crust Pizza Co. It's the former Chick'nCone space. Japanese shaved ice shop Moody Ice also occupied the space.

Moge Tee sells milk teas, fruit teas, and coffee beverages.

https://www.mogeteeusa.com/

Wellspring Commercial Real Estate announced the news last week:

"Hey HEIGHTS! We hope you’re thirsty because Möge Tee recently completed a lease to join our great property at Shepherd & 20th next to Crust Pizza!

Tan Le and Vy Pham with Address Commercial Real Estate represented the tenant, and Marshall C. Bumpus with Wellspring represented the landlord."

Kb7Uvir.jpg

bUyUHlN.jpg

y1os1Ew.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 1919 N. Shepherd Dr.