Astral Brewing At 4818 N. Shepherd Dr.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created October 30, 2017. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link to this thread is here.

The Southern Truck Pros warehouse (with the pick-up & vans sign out front) located in Independence Heights at 4818 N Shepherd is being repurposed. It's across the street from B & W Meat Company.

nsAsyEA.jpg

6Eo6Iip.jpg

This was originally posted  October 30, 2017 in the previous thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr . It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to this thread is here.

The Southern Truck Pros warehouse in Independence Heights at 4818 N Shepherd will become a brewery. The brewery's name Astral Brewing.

https://www.facebook.com/Astral-Brewing-485576971822683

This was originally posted  November 1, 2017 in the previous thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr . It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to this thread is here.

Website for Astral Brewing at 4818 North Shepherd in Houston

http://www.astralbrewing.com

This was originally posted  November 6, 2017 in the previous thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr . It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to this thread is here.

From Swamplot:

The former North Shepherd Dr. garage of Southern Truck Pros, an auto shop that specializes in diesel trucks, appears to be headed for a second career — as a brewery. The Facebook page for a new company called Astral Brewing, showing off the kick-the-can logo portrayed here, lists 4818 N. Shepherd Dr. as its address — with a projected landing in 2018.

http://swamplot.com/the-truck-repair-to-brewery-transformation-coming-to-north-shepherd/2017-11-02/

And from Facebook:

Excited to announce that biochemistry PhD and brewing whiz-kid Alex McDonald and I (Jose Ceja ) will be launching Astral Brewing in 2018 in Houston. Equipment is on the way, and we're finalizing the terms of a lease on a warehouse a little north of Garden Oaks.

https://www.facebook.com/jose.ceja/posts/10214638686260156

This was originally posted December 12, 2017 in the previous thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr . It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to this thread is here.

More on Astral Brewing's renovation of the warehouse in Independence Heights at 4818 N Shepherd:

We've never been so excited by the sight of an empty warehouse. This 9000 sq ft+ beast will be Astral's new home.

After looking at dozens and dozens of properties, we settled on this spot because the of the location (just north of Garden Oaks) and the possibilities the building offers. Expect a large patio and air-conditioned taproom. Although we won't open until the seasons change a few times, we'll be providing updates on our progress and, more importantly, samples of test batches soon!

O83wokU.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/AstralBrewing/photos/a.508455096201537.1073741828.485576971822683/508455006201546/?type=3

This was n the previous thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to this thread is here.

Originally posted by mkultra25, December 13, 2017 in the thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr

On 12/12/2017 at 5:10 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More on Astral Brewing's renovation of the warehouse in Independence Heights at 4818 N Shepherd:

Am I the only one for whom mention of N. Shepherd as being in Independence Heights will always be more than a little odd? I get that Shepherd is designated as the western boundary of the Independence Heights super neighborhood, but the actual historical neighborhood itself ends at Yale. Guess this is destined to be one of those arguments like the past ones regarding the historical vs. modern boundaries of the Houston Heights. 

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was n the previous thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to this thread is here.

Originally posted by Purpledevil, December 13, 2017 in the thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr

On 12/12/2017 at 7:27 PM, mkultra25 said:

Am I the only one for whom mention of N. Shepherd as being in Independence Heights will always be more than a little odd? I get that Shepherd is designated as the western boundary of the Independence Heights super neighborhood, but the actual historical neighborhood itself ends at Yale. Guess this is destined to be one of those arguments like the past ones regarding the historical vs. modern boundaries of the Houston Heights. 

Can I throw my two cents in from the sprawling beauty that is Acres Home, mkultra?

Having grown up in the Sunset Heights, Yale was always considered the split between Garden Oaks on the west side and Studewood on the east. I still call it Studewood as that's what we grew up knowing it as. Independence Heights and Studewood are the same thing, as oldtimers like you and I already know. However, this only held true from the North Loop to the Burlington Northern Railroad. North of 38th where all the warehouses are, Studewood sprawls across both sides of Yale and that continues north of Crosstimbers. That encompasses Barkwood, Janisch, Martin, Victoria, Thornton, etc. etc. West of Shepherd is Shepherd Park Plaza and Candlelight Forest, at that portion of the old Spur 261. From Crosstimbers to Tidwell, the split is also Shepherd, with Acres Home on the west side, Independence Heights on the east. North of Tidwell, it gets even better. Acres Home (and Highland Village, btw) is on the west side of North Shepherd, Suburban Terrace, Wildrose Gardens, and Parkway are on the east. That is, until you get to Parker Rd. North of Parker, Acres Home cuts across Shepherd now and is considered as such until the 45 service road. I thought it was odd that the Acres Home Dialysis Center opened up at Rittenhouse & Stuebner Airline a few years back. Why would you name it Acres Home? Come to find out, it IS now considered to reside in Acres Home. I never knew...

Originally posted by mkultra25, December 14, 2017 in the thread for 4818 N Shepherd Dr

On 12/12/2017 at 7:50 PM, Purpledevil said:

Can I throw my two cents in from the sprawling beauty that is Acres Home, mkultra?

Having grown up in the Sunset Heights, Yale was always considered the split between Garden Oaks on the west side and Studewood on the east. I still call it Studewood as that's what we grew up knowing it as. Independence Heights and Studewood are the same thing, as oldtimers like you and I already know. However, this only held true from the North Loop to the Burlington Northern Railroad. North of 38th where all the warehouses are, Studewood sprawls across both sides of Yale and that continues north of Crosstimbers. That encompasses Barkwood, Janisch, Martin, Victoria, Thornton, etc. etc. West of Shepherd is Shepherd Park Plaza and Candlelight Forest, at that portion of the old Spur 261. From Crosstimbers to Tidwell, the split is also Shepherd, with Acres Home on the west side, Independence Heights on the east. North of Tidwell, it gets even better. Acres Home (and Highland Village, btw) is on the west side of North Shepherd, Suburban Terrace, Wildrose Gardens, and Parkway are on the east. That is, until you get to Parker Rd. North of Parker, Acres Home cuts across Shepherd now and is considered as such until the 45 service road. I thought it was odd that the Acres Home Dialysis Center opened up at Rittenhouse & Stuebner Airline a few years back. Why would you name it Acres Home? Come to find out, it IS now considered to reside in Acres Home. I never knew...

I sit corrected. As a great sage put it:

db394de7b4d0e84d98d58498e8ddcfafd2af21fe

• The title was changed to Astral Brewing 4818 N Shepherd Dr
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to Astral Brewing At 4818 N. Shepherd Dr.
  • 2 years later...

An application for a brewer's license at 4818 N Shepherd Dr was recently filed with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Listed on the application is North Shepherd Brewing.

Astral Brewing currently occupies 4818 N Shepherd Dr. Is there anyone with insight about a possible rebranding or any other changes?

Two domains for North Shepherd Brewing were registered this spring:

http://www.northshepherdbrewing.com/

http://www.northshepherdbrewingco.com/