Bank of America At 3905 Washington Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

This thread was originally created September 24, 2019. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum.  An archive link to this thread is here.

3905 Washington Avenue along the Washington Corridor in Houston. This is near Yale St and Heights Blvd. It's also close to Buffalo Heights District.

EJyPHOx.jpg

eCirrK9.jpg

AOQhMjj.jpg

8er3bDp.jpg

Aerial view

EtScKdF.jpg

Street View from 2015

72GDSOS.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was originally posted September 24, 2019 in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

The Bank of America banking center / drive-thru bank teller building at 3905 Washington Ave, Houston was listed for sale this spring.

JLL Properties marketed the building.

Listing:
https://jll.propertycapsule.com/properties/3905washingtonhoustontx/#overview  (archive link)
https://powersearch.jll.com/us-en/property/38245/houston-heights-remote-mtr-bk (archive link)

Brochure:
https://jll.propertycapsule.com/property/output/document/view/id:10616/?time=1569312860/  (archive link)

Closed Loopnet listing
https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3905-Washington-Ave-Houston-TX/15374738/

Brochure:  
https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/AFdpy9HsjCyxQm0BXjI1JlugJzj7P8iKB0ti4ljnVv0/document.pdf (archive link)

From the listing:

For Sale Bank of America property
3905 Washington Avenue
±1,889 SF building on ±0.87 acres of land

Site location

The available property is located along the Washington Corridor on Washington Avenue, west of Yale in a highly trafficked urban area.  The Washington Corridor is a strip of restaurants, bars and lounges along Washington Avenue that stretches from Memorial Park to Downtown.  The intersection of Yale Street and Washington Avenue where the property is located is the equidistant of the corridor. The site offers a unique opportunity to obtain frontage on Washington Avenue.  

• Highly visible urban site along Washington Avenue
• Great location for retail or medical use 
• Land Size: Approximately 0.87 Acres
• Building Size: Approximately 1,889 s.f.
 **Bank of America’s two (2) ATMs and parking to remain on property as a leaseback

kBmo04p.jpg

BI3ayM5.jpg

This was originally posted September 24, 2019 in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

The Bank of America banking center building at 3905 Washington Ave, Houston is off the market.

The building was or is in the process of being sold through a sealed bid process. The property was listed for sale this spring.

County records show Bank of America owns the property. But a LLC registered two weeks ago has some details on the possible new owner(s).

3905 Washington Interests LLC was registered this month by Andy Aweida and Jeff Barati of Kirby Group. Kirby Group operates Wooster's Garden, Heights Bier Garten, Worcester's Annex, Holman Draft Hall, Pitch 25.

This may become a restaurant or bar. Or it could be an investment property. But with Buffalo Heights District closeby, this may be another food & beverage or entertainment concept for Kirby Group. And if that's so, this will be rehabbed and built out in some kind of cool way. Kirby Group has a good record of turning rundown buildings into cool spaces.

Kirby Group also purchased the 7202 Long Point Rd property in Spring Branch (thread here).

More on the former Bank of America banking center / drive-thru teller building at 3905 Washington Ave, Houston.

There is a sales permit filed recently for EJ Coffee (or Emma & Jane Coffee or Emma Jane ) at 3905 Washington Ave.

This may be a coffee shop, cafe, or all day cafe from the Kirby Group.

537665236_ejcoffee.jpg.d24ea5c7dd1989dff5fb45fb0bc421fc.jpg.3932d539e5ff1eb476c246f67bf63fdb.jpg

This was originally posted September 25, 2019 in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

TABC notice for EJ Coffee (or Emma & Jane Coffee or Emma Jane ) 

This is the site of the former Bank of America banking center / drive-thru teller building at 3905 Washington Ave, Houston.

677325193_TABCNOTICE.jpg.0c341bda14d78bfc029f84d22c95b3d0.jpg.d570c4e6d0462819682ee84032eb3eb6.jpg

This was  in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by skooljunkie, October 2,, 2019 in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor.

Quite a large work crew is already tearing into this sad joint as of this morning! I hope they somehow incorporate the pneumatic tubes into the concept. 😀) The amount of retail activity happening within 2 blocks of Yale/Washington is a welcome miracle.

This was  in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by CrockpotandGravel, October 3,, 2019 in the previous thread for Bank of America | 3905 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:00 AM, skooljunkie said:

Quite a large work crew is already tearing into this sad joint as of this morning! I hope they somehow incorporate the pneumatic tubes into the concept.

Awesome!!

If the tubes can be implemented into the design, that would be too cool.

• The title was changed to Bank of America 3905 Washington Ave
  • 3 months later...

The Kirby Group is building another beer garden and bar at 3905 Washington Avenue in addition to Emma Jane. A Bank of America drive-thru was previously located there.

The beer garden is called Buffalo Heights Bier Garten. It's on Instagram as well at @buffaloheightsbiergarten.

I don't know if Emma Jane will be an all day cafe, but it will house a coffee shop and bakery.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Kirby Group is building another beer garden and bar at 3905 Washington Avenue in addition to Emma Jane. A Bank of America drive-thru was previously located there.

The beer garden is called Buffalo Heights Bier Garten. It's on Instagram as well at @buffaloheightsbiergarten.

I don't know if Emma Jane will be an all day cafe, but it will house a coffee shop and bakery.

Waiting to see renderings, assume this is a full demo and new build. Hope they forgo the the setback and put the parking in the back.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I had a pic ready to post the same moment Culturemap posted a story yesterday. After halting work on this for most of the pandemic, major plumbing and groundwork started in late December. It looks as if additional square footage will be going up on the west side of the lot, perpendicular to Washington.

The property will include:

• cocktail bar
  • wine and beer bar in separate building with 100 taps
  • patrons will be able to view staff use bandsaws to cut crystal clear ice cubes for use in cocktails at all of the company’s bars
  • massive, fully landscaped patio
  • facilities for ice cutting, baking, and butchery serving all the group's establishments
  • Emma Jane Bakery will occupy a white house that will be constructed on the property. It will provide baked goods for the Kirby Group's other establishments and wholesale clients (It will also serve coffee)

View of the rear at Rose and Barnes St.:

jpITKcR.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2021 at 9:33 AM, skooljunkie said:

I had a pic ready to post the same moment Culturemap posted a story yesterday. After halting work on this for most of the pandemic, major plumbing and groundwork started in late December. It looks as if additional square footage will be going up on the west side of the lot, perpendicular to Washington.

The property will include:

• cocktail bar
  • wine and beer bar in separate building with 100 taps
  • patrons will be able to view staff use bandsaws to cut crystal clear ice cubes for use in cocktails at all of the company’s bars
  • massive, fully landscaped patio
  • facilities for ice cutting, baking, and butchery serving all the group's establishments
  • Emma Jane Bakery will occupy a white house that will be constructed on the property. It will provide baked goods for the Kirby Group's other establishments and wholesale clients (It will also serve coffee)

View of the rear at Rose and Barnes St.:

jpITKcR.jpg

So does this have to follow TOD rules since those other two structures are being built where parking would normally be? 

17 hours ago, Texasota said:

No, because it's not in a transit corridor or walkable place.

just a general comment, but this kind of sums up why Houston is so frustrating for me.  How is Washington Ave not a designated walkable space?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 7:27 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Some time last year, the Kirby Group changed the name of their beer garden and bar concept from Buffalo Heights Bier Garten to Bayou Heights Bier Garten. This is located at 3905 Washington Avenue.

It's possible this could open this summer or in early fall. Kirby Group recently posted job listings pertaining to Bayou Heights Bier Garten.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Bank of America 3905 Washington Ave.
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Bank of America At 3905 Washington Ave.
  • 4 weeks later...

From Community Impact yesterday, an update on Bayou Heights Bier Garten at 3905 Washington Avenue:

"The Kirby Group, the hospitality company behind Heights Bier Garten on Shepherd Drive, will open the upcoming Bayou Heights Bier Garten in October near the intersection of Washington Avenue and Yale Street. The venue will feature a separate building for speciality cocktails, beer and wine as well as a patio with covered seating."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/business/2022/09/12/brewery-steakhouse-7-deadly-sins-themed-restaurant-5-businesses-opening-this-fall-in-the-heights-river-oaks-and-montrose-areas/

Photo from Google Maps uploaded in September

j2s8jEM.jpg

• 1 month later...

Staff training began this week at Bayou Heights Bier Garten. It's likely this could open sometime in November.

The Kirby Group's latest bar & grill concept is located at 3905 Washington Ave. In addition to bar, this will also include an on-site bakery, cafe and coffee shop component. I don't know if the bakery and cafe at 3903 Washington Avenue is still going by the name Emma Jane.

Below are photos and screenshots of Bayou Heights Bier Garten. These were shared this week in Instagram posts and stories.

This is from a screenshot of a video posted by Built Nearby.

I messed up the screenshot when removing the text from the image, so this one looks a smidge wonky
irWug0V.jpg

The rest are from various users on Instagram

se17o6V.jpg

RgVF6sQ.jpg

uDPLu9o.jpg

• Like 5