Canopy On Washington At 3800 Washington Ave.

CrockpotandGravel

This was originally posted August 2, 2019 in the previous thread for PrimeWay Federal Credit Union | 3800 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

The PrimeWay Federal Credit Union building at 3800 Washington Ave near Yale is on the market. 

Sales listing on Loopnet

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3800-Washington-Ave-Houston-TX/16786657/ (archive link)

Brochure: https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/pcCTgLwtZzPRw1g6TlhNmmEuCnL3jwPdQwelSjA8D6M/document.pdf (archive link)

24,000 sf office building offered for sale in Houston

Year Built     1981
Property Type "   Office
Building Class     B    
Lot Size     2.32 AC     
Rentable Building Area     24,000 SF

From CBRE's Loopnet listing & brochure:

a3B2i0l.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was originally posted in the previous thread for PrimeWay Federal Credit Union | 3800 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by Avossos, August 2,, 2019 in the previous thread for PrimeWay Federal Credit Union | 3800 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor.

I feel Richmond ave, greenway plaza vibes... I think this is worth preserving... It is in an ocean of parking though...

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

This was originally posted in the previous thread for PrimeWay Federal Credit Union | 3800 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor. It's being reposted / reupped since the original thread and other content from me were removed. An archive link to the original thread is here.

Originally posted by pablog, August 2,, 2019 in the previous thread for PrimeWay Federal Credit Union | 3800 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:35 AM, Avossos said:

I feel Richmond ave, greenway plaza vibes... I think this is worth preserving... It is in an ocean of parking though...

We should turn the parking lot into green and use the building as a small market like Mercado San Miguel in Madrid. 

• Like 2

Originally posted by s3mh, August 2,, 2019 in the previous thread for PrimeWay Federal Credit Union | 3800 Washington Ave | Washington Corridor.

This building was a 2009 recipient of the Houston Mod preservation award:

Primeway Federal Credit Union for the sensitive renovation of the Heights State Bank building (1962), 3800 Washington Avenue. The building, originally designed by the architects Wilson, Morris, Crain and Anderson, is a concrete and glass pavilion supported by dramatic tree-form cast concrete columns.

I would presume that this is just going to be a change in ownership as I do not see any reason anyone would want to lose Primeway as a tenant and roll the dice on a new project.

• The title was changed to PrimeWay Federal Credit Union 3800 Washington Ave
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

This is wonderful news. As suspected back November in the ongoing thread for this property, I figured the land would likely undergo major changes after Oxberry Group acquired the property:

I'm glad to see Oxberry has big plans in store.

Existing thread for this property:

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• The title was changed to The Canopy - 3800 Washington Ave.
  • 1 month later...

A preliminary site plan for Canopy on Washington, Oxberry Group's mixed-use at 3800 Washington Avenue.

According to the site plan, Primeway Credit Union is staying on as a tenant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/414119/california-canopy-washington

Brochure:

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/414119/flyer

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Canopy On Washington - 3800 Washington Ave.
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:00 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Leasing brochure for Canopy on Washington is also listed on leasing agent CBRE's website.

This is a redevelopment of the Primeway Credit Union site at 3800 Washington Ave.

https://retailproperties.cbre.us/p/retail-real-estate-listings/Houston-TX-77007/3800washington#highlights

https://retailproperties.cbre.us/property/output/document/view/id:69863

• Like 2

This project, Montrose Collective, and MKT all share a similar beautiful aesthetic. These are actual beautiful shopping centers that really changes the face of the area. Hope to see more of these type of projects spread around town; no more cookie cutter shopping centers for the love of god.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Canopy On Washington At 3800 Washington Ave.
  • 3 months later...

CBRE may no longer be the leasing agent for Canopy on Washington. Jolink Wallace is marketing the development. There aren't new details in the leasing materials.

Canopy on Washington is a new mixed-use development at 3800 Washington Avenue. The building's design is the work of Houston-based Identity Architects. 

https://jolinkwallace.com/property/the-canopy-on-washington/

http://jolinkwallace.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/The-Canopy-JW-080122-1.pdf

• 1 month later...

Walking Houston posted about Canopy on Washington yesterday. Canopy on Washington is Oxberry Group's mixed-use at 3800 Washington Avenue. 

Aside from Primeway Credit Union, Oxberry Group revealed additional tenants in the comments.

Here is the comment:

"Besides Primeway Credit Union, we have three exciting restaurant tenants. Hash Kitchen from Scottsdale, Via 313 and Honest Mary’s from Austin will occupy the first floor."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnKRjPCJWcv/

Hash Kitchen is a breakfast and brunch restaurant. The Washington Ave location is one of several outposts planned for the Houston area.

Via 313 is a pizzeria specializing in Detroit-style pizzas. In addition to the upcoming Washington Avenue location, at least three more are opening in the Houston area.

Honest Mary's a fast-casual restaurant serving grain bowls.

• Like 3

From Walking Houston's Instagram:

"Oxberry Group is planning another mixed-use development in the heart of Houston.

Their latest project known as the Canopy on Washington will include 27,000 SF of retail and office space. According to a site plan, PrimeWay Federal Credit Union has already signed on as a tenant.

The project is spread across two buildings, each two levels tall and connected by a skybridge. A welcomed design for Houston, the project fronts Washington Avenue and includes parking in the rear.

Located at 3800 Washington Avenue, the development is expected to deliver in Q3 2023 according to a marketing brochure."

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.35.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.35.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.35.35 PM.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, quietstorm said:

From Walking Houston's Instagram:

"Oxberry Group is planning another mixed-use development in the heart of Houston.

Their latest project known as the Canopy on Washington will include 27,000 SF of retail and office space. According to a site plan, PrimeWay Federal Credit Union has already signed on as a tenant.

The project is spread across two buildings, each two levels tall and connected by a skybridge. A welcomed design for Houston, the project fronts Washington Avenue and includes parking in the rear.

Located at 3800 Washington Avenue, the development is expected to deliver in Q3 2023 according to a marketing brochure."

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.35.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.35.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 5.35.35 PM.png

None of what Walking Houston posted about Canopy on Washington is new information. Apart from the few video clips and photos from his walking tour events, everything else he posts to Instagram has been shared on HAIF months or weeks prior. 

The renderings Walking Houston posted are the same ones that were shared to this forum back in May:

👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿

On 5/1/2022 at 11:41 AM, NADROJ said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

The other information Walking Houston provided in his caption is the same shared in above posts from last year.

👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿

A preliminary site plan for Canopy on Washington, Oxberry Group's mixed-use at 3800 Washington Avenue.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 1:30 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

None of what Walking Houston posted about Canopy on Washington is new information. Apart from the few video clips and photos from his walking tour events, everything else he posts to Instagram has been shared on HAIF months or weeks prior. 

The renderings Walking Houston posted are the same ones that were shared to this forum back in May:

👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿

The other information Walking Houston provided in his caption is the same shared in above posts from last year.

👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿

On 1/10/2023 at 1:30 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿

👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿 👇🏿

And? It was recent news to me and others who don’t frequent the site as much as you. Love your posts but leave the moderation to the mods. 

On 1/7/2023 at 7:20 PM, freundb said:

This will be cool, but I do like the current building so ill be sad to see it go

Wish they could raise the brick driveway and parking spaces to the current level of the credit union pavilion's slab, and  somehow just leave the tall pillars & roof as a big open air pergola over some of the parking spots 

That would be great problem-solving and maybe civic respect

Anyhow, I'd love to see it attempted.

6 hours ago, quietstorm said:

And? It was recent news to me and others who don’t frequent the site as much as you. Love your posts but leave the moderation to the mods. 

And again, pointing out that everything in that post has already been shared. There was nothing new that hadn't been posted a few posts above.

I could see if this thread was multiple pages with details and renders on previous pages. However, this is a single page topic for the time being. Every single thing publicly known about this development so far is on one page. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/414119/california-canopy-washington

Brochure:

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/414119/flyer

On 1/9/2023 at 12:05 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Walking Houston posted about Canopy on Washington yesterday. Canopy on Washington is Oxberry Group's mixed-use at 3800 Washington Avenue. 

Aside from Primeway Credit Union, Oxberry Group revealed additional tenants in the comments.

Here is the comment:

"Besides Primeway Credit Union, we have three exciting restaurant tenants. Hash Kitchen from Scottsdale, Via 313 and Honest Mary’s from Austin will occupy the first floor."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnKRjPCJWcv/

Hash Kitchen is a breakfast and brunch restaurant. The Washington Ave location is one of several outposts planned for the Houston area.

Via 313 is a pizzeria specializing in Detroit-style pizzas. In addition to the upcoming Washington Avenue location, at least three more are opening in the Houston area.

Honest Mary's a fast-casual restaurant serving grain bowls.

The latest marketing materials for Canopy on Washington was updated about two weeks ago.

In the leasing flyer, the first floors in building A and building B are  completely leased. As previously mentioned, Hash Kitchen, Via 313, and Honest Mary's are tenants. Availability remains for the second floors.

Canopy on Washington is Oxberry Group's forthcoming mixed-use development at 3800 Washington Ave. It's the site of Primeway Credit Union.

https://jolinkwallace.com/property/the-canopy-on-washington/

https://jolinkwallace.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/The-Canopy-011123.pdf

2niSWb1.jpg

N5SQ1nh.jpg

• Like 2