Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

2525 Rice Blvd

This thread was originally created September 20, 2019. I'm reposting / reupping this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum. Archive link coming soon. 

2525 Rice Boulevard in the Rice Village area, Houston.

XH7dSxe.jpg

syBymfV.jpg

Q3CTtGS.jpg

RmBScHV.jpg

Aerial view

tQG5UPf.jpg

Street View from 2016

oO3nlGm.jpg

ePDgHZ6.jpg

• Like 1

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2525 Rice Blvd Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.

2525 Rice Blvd in the| Rice Village area was home to Buffalo Wild Wings. It closed last year.

The property is listed on Loopnet (and other sites) as of August by Pipeline Realty.

This was previously posted in the Rice Village development thread. Since this is not part of the Rice Village development and is an entirely different building owned by someone else, this should have its own thread.

Here is the previous post about it:

On 8/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, Urbannizer said:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/30491-rice-village-arcade-renovation-future-mixed-use/?do=findComment&comment=598832

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2525 Rice Blvd Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.

From the Loopnet listing &  brochure for 2525 Rice Blvd.

This is the former Buffalo Wild Wings building in the Rice Village area:

Year Built     1968
Gross Leasable Area :    6,154 SF
Property Type     Retail     

31 Parking Spaces On site

v5RlZ6g.jpg

This was originally in the previous thread for 2525 Rice Blvd Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.

Originally posted by hindesky, September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2525 Rice Blvd Blvd | Rice Village.

I've used to spend lots of time at this Buffalo Wild Wings since my buddy used to own West U Cycles and he was good friends with the managers of it. Always seemed super busy when I would go. I don't think there are too many sports bars around the area, sorry to see it go.😢🏈🏀

This was originally in the previous thread for 2525 Rice Blvd Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.

Originally posted by mkultra25, September 21, 2019 in the previous thread for 2525 Rice Blvd Blvd | Rice Village.

It's got a long history as a sports bar. Back in the 80s it was Dan & Nick's Sportsmarket, where "Dan" is Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in a previous life, before his chain of sports bars went bankrupt and he got into politics. After that it was a similar sports bar named Dolph's for a while but they too eventually threw in the towel and it then became a succession of non-sports-bar-related businesses. 

Crockpot and Gavel,

What was it directly before it became a BW3?  I seem to remember BW3 was opened in about 1998 or so.  My friend owned/operated it, obviously I need to track him down and ask him directly!  For some reason I want to say it "Giffs", from Giff Nielson.  But maybe I'm just confusing it with the Dan & Nicks iteration.  I remember walking through it when it was becoming BW3 and I think they kept a lot of the sports memorabilia from when it was Giffs (or whatever place I'm thinking of).   I'm pretty sure it was a sports bar right before it became BW3 (but maybe there might have been a gap of few years between Dan & Nicks and BW3?). 

Our money was the first ever spent in there, and one of our dollar bills was on the wall for years afterward.