Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

2301 University Blvd

Recommended Posts

This thread was originally created September 20, 2019. I'm reposting this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum. 

 

 

 

2301 University Boulevard in the Rice Village area. This is on the corner of Greenbriar Dr near the University Place neighborhood and Rice University in Houston.

ubSVINj.jpg

8hIncfx.jpg

xHgvyJV.jpg

67nfCwW.jpg

XbyGa02.jpg



Aerial view

d70aGq2.jpg



Street View images from January 2019:

Corner of University Blvd and Greenbriar Dr.
8zeqvdV.jpg



University Blvd
FoZgIVU.jpg



Greenbriar Dr
aaNO2I5.jpg



3Ykhvh8.jpg
 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2301 University Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.



The building at 2301 University Blvd was for lease in November. 

This is (was) the site of flower shop Village Greenery & Flowers.

Davis Commercial listed the property.


Loopnet listing:  https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2301-University-Blvd-Houston-TX/14495355/ (archive link)
Davis Commercial listing: https://davis-commercial.com/property/lease/2301-University-Blvd.html  (archive link)

Brochure: https://davis-commercial.com/PDF/forlease/2301-University-Blvd-v6.pdf (archive link)



From the listings:

Year Built:  1939
4,720 SF Bldg


rnMmo1s.jpg


V5XqgE2.jpg



8gew845.jpg


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2301 University Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.



Photos of 2301 University Blvd, the site of flower shop Village Greenery & Flowers.

Photos from the Davis Commercial listing.


0K11r6S.jpg


RcCAwva.jpg



Kl6wmWq.jpg


8n21cH6.jpg


0VEpRoh.jpg


kkQ82rf.jpg


krJpr2p.jpg


 

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2301 University Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.



Davis Commercial might have found a tenant for 2301 University Blvd and that tenant might be The Rice Box restaurant .

The new  Rice Village area location will probably be designed by Collaborative Projects. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2301 University Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.



Davis Commercial might have found a tenant for 2301 University Blvd and that tenant might be The Rice Box restaurant .

The new  Rice Village area location will probably be designed by Collaborative Projects. 

 

 

If Rice Box is the tenant, they are going to make a killing in that area. Rice Village would be the perfect place to open another location.

 

I know their location on Shepherd  has seen great traffic and success.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

 

If Rice Box is the tenant, they are going to make a killing in that area. Rice Village would be the perfect place to open another location.

 

I know their location on Shepherd  has seen great traffic and success.



Rice Box is the tenant for 2301 University Blvd. 

A entity for the Rice Village location was created in the spring or early summer. And a month ago or a few weeks ago, permits towards renovation work were submitted to the city.

I am in agreement with you, Rice Box is going to kill it at this location. They'll get a load of traffic from  Rice Village shoppers, the surrounding universities , and visitors and workers in the Medical Center. 

I am a fanboy for their Blade Runner inspired designs for each of their storefronts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:



Rice Box is the tenant for 2301 University Blvd. 

A entity for the Rice Village location was created in the spring or early summer. And a month ago or a few weeks ago, permits towards renovation work were submitted to the city.

I am in agreement with you, Rice Box is going to kill it at this location. They'll get a load of traffic from  Rice Village shoppers, the surrounding universities , and visitors and workers in the Medical Center. 

I am a fanboy for their Blade Runner inspired designs for each of their storefronts.

 

 

They've come a long way from one food truck to three storefronts. They're absolutely going to have lines out the door at the new Village location. 

 

2301 University has a previous history as a restaurant - it housed a Mr. Gatti's pizza in the 80s/90s. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 10:59 PM, mkultra25 said:

 

They've come a long way from one food truck to three storefronts. They're absolutely going to have lines out the door at the new Village location. 

 

2301 University has a previous history as a restaurant - it housed a Mr. Gatti's pizza in the 80s/90s. 




That's right! I forgot Mr. Gatti's was here. My family used to go there for dinner sometimes after a Kinkaid football game at Rice Stadium. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sign for an off street parking variance was posted last Thursday.

 

I live very close to this location and am glad my street is permit only 7 days a week 😁

IMG_0392 copy.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...