This thread was originally created September 20, 2019. I'm reposting this because this post and other content from me are no longer available on the forum. 

2301 University Boulevard in the Rice Village area. This is on the corner of Greenbriar Dr near the University Place neighborhood and Rice University in Houston.

ubSVINj.jpg

8hIncfx.jpg

xHgvyJV.jpg

67nfCwW.jpg

XbyGa02.jpg

Aerial view

d70aGq2.jpg

Street View images from January 2019:

Corner of University Blvd and Greenbriar Dr.
8zeqvdV.jpg

University Blvd
FoZgIVU.jpg

Greenbriar Dr
aaNO2I5.jpg

3Ykhvh8.jpg

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2301 University Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.

The building at 2301 University Blvd was for lease in November. 

This is (was) the site of flower shop Village Greenery & Flowers.

Davis Commercial listed the property.

Loopnet listing:  https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2301-University-Blvd-Houston-TX/14495355/ (archive link)
Davis Commercial listing: https://davis-commercial.com/property/lease/2301-University-Blvd.html  (archive link)

Brochure: https://davis-commercial.com/PDF/forlease/2301-University-Blvd-v6.pdf (archive link)

From the listings:

Year Built:  1939
4,720 SF Bldg

rnMmo1s.jpg

V5XqgE2.jpg

8gew845.jpg

• Like 1

This was originally posted  September 20, 2019 in the previous thread for 2301 University Blvd | Rice Village. It's being reposted since the original thread and other content from me were removed.

Photos of 2301 University Blvd, the site of flower shop Village Greenery & Flowers.

Photos from the Davis Commercial listing.

0K11r6S.jpg

RcCAwva.jpg

Kl6wmWq.jpg

8n21cH6.jpg

0VEpRoh.jpg

kkQ82rf.jpg

krJpr2p.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Davis Commercial might have found a tenant for 2301 University Blvd and that tenant might be The Rice Box restaurant .

The new  Rice Village area location will probably be designed by Collaborative Projects. 

47 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Davis Commercial might have found a tenant for 2301 University Blvd and that tenant might be The Rice Box restaurant .

The new  Rice Village area location will probably be designed by Collaborative Projects. 

If Rice Box is the tenant, they are going to make a killing in that area. Rice Village would be the perfect place to open another location.

I know their location on Shepherd  has seen great traffic and success.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

If Rice Box is the tenant, they are going to make a killing in that area. Rice Village would be the perfect place to open another location.

I know their location on Shepherd  has seen great traffic and success.

Rice Box is the tenant for 2301 University Blvd. 

A entity for the Rice Village location was created in the spring or early summer. And a month ago or a few weeks ago, permits towards renovation work were submitted to the city.

I am in agreement with you, Rice Box is going to kill it at this location. They'll get a load of traffic from  Rice Village shoppers, the surrounding universities , and visitors and workers in the Medical Center. 

I am a fanboy for their Blade Runner inspired designs for each of their storefronts.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Rice Box is the tenant for 2301 University Blvd. 

A entity for the Rice Village location was created in the spring or early summer. And a month ago or a few weeks ago, permits towards renovation work were submitted to the city.

I am in agreement with you, Rice Box is going to kill it at this location. They'll get a load of traffic from  Rice Village shoppers, the surrounding universities , and visitors and workers in the Medical Center. 

I am a fanboy for their Blade Runner inspired designs for each of their storefronts.

They've come a long way from one food truck to three storefronts. They're absolutely going to have lines out the door at the new Village location. 

2301 University has a previous history as a restaurant - it housed a Mr. Gatti's pizza in the 80s/90s. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 10:59 PM, mkultra25 said:

They've come a long way from one food truck to three storefronts. They're absolutely going to have lines out the door at the new Village location. 

2301 University has a previous history as a restaurant - it housed a Mr. Gatti's pizza in the 80s/90s. 

That's right! I forgot Mr. Gatti's was here. My family used to go there for dinner sometimes after a Kinkaid football game at Rice Stadium. 

• The title was changed to 2301 University Blvd
  • The title was changed to 2301 University Blvd.
  • 1 year later...

270653438_ScreenShot2022-01-18at11_26_31AM.png.91e64471a41d48fdb44e3d756dac171c.png

Do you guys think they're going to tear down that house and rebuild based off of the square footage? The house is actually really nice and it fits the area. Based off of the company, they're based in AZ and have locations in Dallas. Their stores fit the "850 ft2" size, however, they're ugly lol. Picture for reference :(

image.png.1d86fc936f2deda560d97fa618dde4a7.png

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, Amlaham said:

Do you guys think they're going to tear down that house and rebuild based off of the square footage? The house is actually really nice and it fits the area. Based off of the company, they're based in AZ and have locations in Dallas. Their stores fit the "850 ft2" size, however, they're ugly .. Picture for reference :(

Making way for sad salads

10DC3C41-B961-47C1-AC35-68AF669DFF62.jpeg

07C60B11-6E26-4C69-8965-6125EAA3BE9F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2301, 2305 University Blvd.
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, Texasota said:

No! Drive-through? Come on!

Blame the pandemic.  A lot of people are still skeezed out going inside places, and a lot of people have just gotten used to using the drive-throughs more.

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal on Friday that stated that the majority of Starbucks sales come from the drive-through, and its goal is for 90% of new stores to have a drive-through.

But I'm with you — drive-throughs take the "neighbor" out of neighborhood.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

A construction progress photo of Salad and Go / Salad & Go. This was shared in the wrong topic, so I'm reposting it in the correct one.

Salad and Go is located at 2301 University Blvd. It's one of several Houston area locations opening this year.

On 2/18/2023 at 4:15 PM, hindesky said:

frnae2U.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have a picture, but it's officially open. Its of course a very ugly building with drive-thru, however, they did plant a good amount of trees. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, their food was very good, very cheap, and very healthy. I would prefer these than any other fast food option. 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Salad And Go At 2301 University Blvd.