MD Anderson South Of Holcombe Campus Developments

Highrise Tower

MD Anderson South Of Holcombe Campus Developments

https://www4.mdanderson.org/procurement/bids/index.cfm?pagename=viewBid&id=6738&name=Request for Qualification

Owner seeks design-build services for its Pressler Street Garage 2 project. The project scope will include site development, which includes utility infrastructure work, construction of the exterior shell and core, and the limited interior finish-out of the facility. The goal is to construct a new garage facility to help meet the institution's parking facility needs. This facility is anticipated to be a free-standing, 1,200-car (minimum) parking garage of approximately 570,000 gross square feet (GSF), to be located on Pressler Street along Fannin Street, and adjacent to the Dan L. Duncan Building. This facility primarily will serve the needs of workforce members who currently park in the garage adjacent to Mid Campus Building 1 but who do not work in that facility.

The project has a Design-Build Budget Limitation (DBBL) of TWENTY ONE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS AND NO/100 ($21,500,000.00).

JFL57CB.png

yB9SJOq.png

twWgOFq.png

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

kmd architects did a master plan for MDACC once.

https://www.kmdarchitects.com/md-anderson

The challenge for the design team (KMD in association with FKP, Houston) was to create a new paradigm for cancer care and a plan that would minimize the institutional effect of its daunting size while being able to adapt to technological advances in the equipment and treatment of cancer patients. The team succeeded in constructing an inviting and soothing ambulatory care setting with long-term usability and value.

The ACB was envisioned as an integral piece of a ‘campus’ designed in the manner of an Italian Village with a central piazza. The master plan called for a series of medium-height buildings organized around the central village green, the ACB being the first of four buildings that will surround a central “healing garden”.

The proposed campus is on Pressler between Bertner & Fannin.  This would take out the mentioned surface lot and half of the greenspace called MD Anderson Prairie. 

Mmw9X5q.png

Pressler Street Garage 2 is apart of the Phase 4.

4X0K2ZD.jpg

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to MD Anderson Pressler St. Garage 2
  • 3 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 8:07 PM, Highrise Tower said:

A TMC development map I found includes a tower on MD Anderson's Prairie land. Tower number 10.

JdgSMZF.jpg

I'm pretty sure building number 10 is the former Houston Main Building which was demolished in 2012. It makes sense for it to be in this image since the MD Anderson Alkek tower expansion, which was completed before the Houston Main Building's demolition, isn't shown.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to MD Anderson South Holcombe Campus

Master Framework 2030 - Bridging Strategy dated 1.28.2022.

MD Anderson is focusing on a new campus called South of Holcombe.  It will be a total of 4 buildings (+1 garage). They are shifting out of the North Campus and creating a formal South of Holcombe Campus.  I wonder if this shift is preparing for the planned dual Patient Towers?

The 2 and 3 Ambulatory Clinical Buildings are being designed for future vertical expansion! Will reach a total of 25 floors!!

The next 10 years of the TMC is going to be wild!!

pNgV6jP.png

hjLS1aa.png

jTekpEg.png

Z2NYhRY.png

1S6251Q.png

XudpUM6.png

Z31Rgn3.png

e6IQQCT.png

9FtWpWu.png

KMD Architects and FKP Architects created a MD Anderson South of Holcombe Campus Master Plan. The master plan features 4 buildings and 1 parking garage.  I believe the master plan is old? I haven't seen a rendering of the new layout and 2/3 Ambulatory Clinical Buildings.  It would be great if Elkus Manfredi did the master plan. Elkus Manfredi really took off with our medical center. They have done 5 major TMC project this year.  TMC Helix Park, MD Anderson SCRB 5, TMC BioPort, TMC Innovation Factory, and finally the proposed Bayou Tech Hub that fell through.

I look forward to seeing the new master plan!

EgXN3R3.png

fwXM4Mh.png

tyznzc1.png

mFr55He.png

lHBEBvy.png

B9fFvFz.png

Here is the current stacking plan for 2/3 ACB.  Very tall buildings. Will definitely make a statement for people riding the METRO Red Line!

XudpUM6.png

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

A fence with a blue screen appeared this week.  I'd hope this was setup for ACB2 and 3ACB forthcoming construction.

It appears to be a chiller replacement for the Dan L. Duncan building that's located within the SOH campus?  I see, and I might be wrong, a generator, a trailer, and 3 chillers (or other equipment.)

The new Ambulatory Clinical Buildings are supposed to cost a fortune! I believe one of them is $1.2 billion? The other is $900 million if I recall correctly.

Any renderings of the proposed towers? Glass facade or pink stone?

w5LySYD.jpg

Sc0lQ6I.jpg

PB0yW46.jpg

DGXufyG.jpg

• Like 2

• The title was changed to MD Anderson South Of Holcombe Campus Developments