Levit Green: Life Science Mixed-Use District By Hines

TheNiche

The one along Holly Hall crosses freight tracks owned by UP or Houston Belt & Terminal, but the frequency of trains is very low and almost never during the daytime. At night, small trains drop off and pick up cars at the Grocers Supply Co. distribution center on Holcombe, which is where the line currently ends, but that is the only user of the tracks of which I'm aware.

• Like 1

• 12 years later...

The 36+ acre site where Grocers Supply Co. currently conducts business is on the market.

Real estate service HFF Houston is marketing the site 3131 Holcombe Blvd, along with properties bordering Grand Blvd, Dixie Dr, and Ardmore St for a total of 51+ acres.

Loopnet listing

BCeqKEl.jpg

I6Nelkj.jpg&

Photos from Google Map Street View
Holcombe Blvd @ Ardmore St

Bs9wW8A.jpg

JKTzLkh.jpg

• Like 4

Originally posted by me, November 2017 in the original thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

From the marketing brochure for Grocers Supply Co. at 3131 Holcombe Blvd :

HFF, on behalf of the Owner, is seeking qualified developers for the sale or partnership on a premier ±51-acre site located at the intersection of US Highway 288 and Holcombe Blvd. The Property provides an extremely unique development opportunity as it sits at the gateway to the Texas Medical Center. The Property is one of the largest undeveloped sites remaining in infill Houston and will offer fantastic view corridors of Downtown and the Texas Medical Center. This irreplaceable development opportunity is well positioned to capitalize on the expansions of the Texas Medical Center and resurgence of the Houston economy.

Investment Highlights

•  Premier Location

Located at the intersection of Holcombe Boulevard and Highway 288, the property’s location allows for immediate access to major employment centers throughout Houston. Additionally, frontage along Holcombe Boulevard provides direct access to the Texas Medical Center, allowing the site to serve as the gateway to the most extensive hospital system in the world.

•  Unrivaled Urban Infill Site

The Property’s excellent accessibility and proximity to Houston’s second largest employment center presents a unique opportunity for a large scale ±51-acre mixed-use development located on some of Houston’s most desirable real estate.

•  Incredible Size

At roughly 51 acres, the Property is arguably the largest site for development remaining inside the 610 Loop, west of US 288 and the CBD.

https://my.hfflp.com/GetDocument?BBArgs=aKom-p1mkBkMbxvt_Un3S2sp2F3KgJvYNtsfgO5uaOQQvOAs (archive link)

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 2

Originally posted by Naviguessor, December 2018  in the original thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

This interesting and ambitious "Confidential Master Plan" shows up on the Munoz Albin Project page on their Website. 

Thanks to research from another Haifer researching the Colombe d'Or tower.   

https://munozalbin.com/project/old-market-east-omaha-master-plan/

tBCVAXK.jpg

Originally posted by CaptainJilliams December 2018 in the previous thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

Not to get anybody too excited, but here's the conceptual rendering from the link Naviguessor posted above:

OWv4rFl.jpg

• Like 6

Originally posted by me, December 2018  in the previous thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

More conceptual design outlines of the renovated Grocery Supply Co. land in the Medical Center at 3131 Holcombe Blvd and Hwy 288 in Houston:

One of the images is labeled Levit Center Site Plan

O8xBCPG.jpg

jexO6CH.jpg

Bk9c08W.jpg

5Xbi1ly.jpg

wbrvEsb.jpg

• Like 2

Originally posted by ekdrm2d1, January 23, 2019  in the previous thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

C&S Wholesale Grocers’ two locations are on today’s demo report. 3006 Holcombe and 6611 Grand Blvd.

http://swamplot.com/daily-demolition-report-down-south/2019-01-23/

Originally posted by ekdrm2d1, April 9, 2019  in the previous thread for Grocers Supply Co. | 3131 Holcombe Blvd | Medical Center.

Grocers Supply has so much land.  They even have a terminal off Corder street. Tried to look for the demolished bldgs that were on the above demo report. Looks like they are behind schedule.

wEdT3QS.jpg

8Rn9RN8.jpg

3006 Holcombe Blvd

2hgoy9a.jpg

Looks like something was cleared here recently. Doesn't fit the two addresses above?

WXudOyy.jpg

Thanks CrockpotandGravel, for getting us caught up on this amazing tract of land.  I'm hoping that a major developer comes in like Midway and creates a Citycentre type mixed use development on the property.

It has everything you could want in a location. Right on the freeway. Five minutes from the Med Center, Hermann park, zoo, museums, and golf course. Downtown can be reached directly down Almeda. It's roughly ten minutes to U. of H., Rice, and TSU. 

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Grocers Supply Co. 3131 Holcombe Blvd
  • 3 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 11:31 AM, IronTiger said:

So I guess the rest of the rail spur is history?

Every so often a 4 - 6 car train trundles down it, with cars that I think are empty.  I think UP may just be using it for storage at this point

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went by today but didn't take a pic, but to me it looks like they are removing metal shelves. Saw an inside forklift handing to them to an outside forklift. I'm guessing they're removing as much metal from the inside as they can before the structure comes down.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The demolition scope was much larger than I thought.  The 3131 Holcombe demo permit includes the main office, and all the terminals from Dixie road to the 288 feeder. 

Was the land purchased?  The HFF listing is still active, indicating "On The Market".  On the other hand, Loopnet's listing has been taken down. Loopnet took it down due to a company conflict or it is no longer for sale?

HCAD mentions the current owner is the real estate division of Grocers Supply named 2ML Real Estate Interests, Inc.

MD9JBMG.png

HFF:

https://www.hfflp.com/property-details.html?propId=7200

Loopnet:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/3131-Holcombe-Blvd-Houston-TX/9720734/

• Like 5