Discovery West: Skanska Downtown Mixed-Use Development

Moore713

I was driving around this part of downtown this morning, and south of the convention center and to the east every street in that area has 72" pipe parked on both sides of the street for countless blocks. Obviously this is staging for a major water project. I haven't found anything on this and thought someone could enlighten.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, bobruss said:

I was driving around this part of downtown this morning, and south of the convention center and to the east every street in that area has 72" pipe parked on both sides of the street for countless blocks. Obviously this is staging for a major water project. I haven't found anything on this and thought someone could enlighten.

Thanks

I created a topic about them in the Downtown section and in the Montrose section, I believe the 2 are related.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

Thanks

I think they found evidence of oil and gas at the construction site and are going to go ahead and frack the site before proceeding further with construction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

I know I'm hopelessly behind on many things... but... how long has the St Joseph Professional Building had the new facade?

About 1 yr., paint job and interior work, Hoar is the GC.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

Fun Fact of the day back in the 90s there was a large regional contractor named Beers Construction (bought by Skanska).  Back in the day Hoar and Beers at a Joint venture and no one could decide which name would look less bad: Hoar and Beers or Beers and Hoar.

I love juicy tidbits like this. 🤣 Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 10:32 AM, Nate99 said:

Sunbathing with hammering noises for a period, replaced thereafter by some dude in a cubicle. 

I don't know the protocol, but will they issue hardhats to anyone who ventures out onto the pool during construction? seriously though, would they even allow the pool to be open? 

4 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

https://www.1550onthegreen.com/neighborhood/

Tower 2 - Office

Tower 3 - Hotel & Residential

Does it look like they're going to close down part of Dallas St. for pedestrians?

This one alone looks great but the hotel/residential tower behind it is going to bring even more life to this end of downtown.

image.png.c1a3abe8d69c0d25f63636b898aebfff.png

• Like 7

I've lived in Dallas for the past 8 years, and the development in that time span has been nonstop. The big difference is the layout of Dallas and how uptown/deep ellum borders downtown. As a result a lot of the development that would of been going up in downtown ends up in these two neighborhoods creating a high density city look that stretches for miles.  

• Like 2