Discovery West: Mixed-Use Development Downtown By Skanska

Moore713

From the Houston Business Journal...

"The company confirmed it has completed the project’s mat foundation pour, which will enable it to start building the first floors of the building."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2022/02/08/skanska-vertical-construction-1550-on-the-green.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=ae&utm_content=ho&ana=e_ho_ae&j=26641729&senddate=2022-02-08

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

From the Houston Business Journal...

"The company confirmed it has completed the project’s mat foundation pour, which will enable it to start building the first floors of the building."

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2022/02/08/skanska-vertical-construction-1550-on-the-green.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=ae&utm_content=ho&ana=e_ho_ae&j=26641729&senddate=2022-02-08

Did they give you credit for the field work @hindesky?

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2022 at 3:42 PM, hindesky said:

Partially true since I was a tower crane operator for about 20yrs in an industrial setting. Thus the user name hi_n_de_sky. I love seeing the buildings going up to though.

Oh snap, so that’s how you pronounce your username? It’s been one I’ve been trying to figure out for far too long…

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mollusk said:

Red Purse Woman is back!!! :ph34r:

I figured out what's going on with her. She's so totally engrossed with something on her phone that she has been wandering the world without ever looking up... oblivious to everything around her. 

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

I figured out what's going on with her. She's so totally engrossed with something on her phone that she has been wandering the world without ever looking up... oblivious to everything around her. 

^^^ actually, she's not even dressed appropriately for this particular FINE dining room.  she looks as though she's headed to walmart.  maybe, if she could just LOOK UP every now and then...

Edited by monarch
  • Haha 2

Fantastic. These buildings are really going to help push the pedestrian-friendliness and street activation beyond Discovery Green. Plus the hotel/condo(? Assuming condos.) will be great and add to the mix of residents and visitors to this great side of downtown.

on that note, looking at that plan- will Dallas street be getting narrowed? On maps it looks like it’s 3 lanes presently but in that siteplan it looks to be 2.

• Like 4

Is it fair to assume that based on the amount of elevators banks in the proposal of the office building that it will be taller than the one that's currently under construction? Seems like a large number of elevator banks--more than on the floor plan of the tower currently U/C.

• Like 6