Discovery West: Mixed-Use Development Downtown By Skanska

Moore713

I noticed that they took down a number of trees downtown on Main and on Travis in the last month or so.  I assume that they were dead from the freeze but it seems like we never have a chance for most of the street trees to mature in DT.

I was driving around this part of downtown this morning, and south of the convention center and to the east every street in that area has 72" pipe parked on both sides of the street for countless blocks. Obviously this is staging for a major water project. I haven't found anything on this and thought someone could enlighten.

Thanks

12 minutes ago, bobruss said:

I was driving around this part of downtown this morning, and south of the convention center and to the east every street in that area has 72" pipe parked on both sides of the street for countless blocks. Obviously this is staging for a major water project. I haven't found anything on this and thought someone could enlighten.

Thanks

I created a topic about them in the Downtown section and in the Montrose section, I believe the 2 are related.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobruss said:

Thanks

I think they found evidence of oil and gas at the construction site and are going to go ahead and frack the site before proceeding further with construction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

I know I'm hopelessly behind on many things... but... how long has the St Joseph Professional Building had the new facade?

About 1 yr., paint job and interior work, Hoar is the GC.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 4