Discovery West: Mixed-Use Development Downtown By Skanska

Moore713

7 hours ago, Ross said:

I would suspect that Centerpoint has sued HCAD over this property, and received a court order setting the value where it is. The Tax Code makes it pretty easy for a business to get the property values reduced by significant amounts.  The property seems to have a land value that's 20% of nearby blocks.

Yes, many companies routinely protest every year no matter what. But no worries. Residential homeowners are here to take up the slack.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised nobody has either gone to the city or city official or planner hasn't seen that block of electrical substations and has said....you know what maybe its time we as a city move that to....i don't know maybe between Toyata and the US59? Maybe that would look better?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

I'm surprised nobody has either gone to the city or city official or planner hasn't seen that block of electrical substations and has said....you know what maybe its time we as a city move that to....i don't know maybe between Toyata and the US59? Maybe that would look better?

Dead horse here but that would make such a cool spot for something. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cityliving said:

I sure wouldn’t want to stay at that Embassy Suites hotel where the construction is going on, that noise of the pile driver is pretty loud, I wonder if that hotel is loosing business because of the construction.

I don't know about you, but when I'm lounging next to swimming pool I love listening to the background noise of jackhammers, boring machines, and the rumblings of cement trucks. *sarcasm*

• Like 1

Some people are going to book the hotel online and just seeing the photos they provide and the location. They will have no clue about the construction. So they will likely still get business but then have guests complain and ask for a comped night or something.

I once stayed at the Double Tree near downtown Dallas over Thanksgiving. I was thinking I got a great deal then learned hundreds of Kuwaiti college students were staying there while colleges were closed over the holidays. It was like being in South Padre for spring break. So much partying and noise. I got a free night out of it because it was so hard to sleep.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Luminare said:

Has Skanska released anything further on what they will be doing with their other holdings? I don't remember seeing anything that indicated what they are planning next.

If you look at some of the renderings shown before you can see the building across the street from the hotel and One Park Place. Whether those are the final product who knows.

6 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

Does the Toyota Center own the parking lots there on the left?

Would se nice to develop that and make this neighborhood whole

Skanska owns the whole block across from the hotel/One Park Place/ Four Seasons, Skanska also owns 3/4 of the block south of that. A Taiwan Oil company owns the block directly west of Toyota Canter.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, hindesky said:

If you look at some of the renderings shown before you can see the building across the street from the hotel and One Park Place. Whether those are the final product who knows.

Skanska owns the whole block across from the hotel/One Park Place/ Four Seasons, Skanska also owns 3/4 of the block south of that. A Taiwan Oil company owns the block directly west of Toyota Canter.

By your desription it appears as if Skansa owns all of block 251 and 3/4th of block 276. This is good news. Skansa seems to get things done. Hopefully it will be arrevderci to those two surface lots in the not too distant future.

• Like 1