Broadstone Sawyer Yards: Multifamily At 1215 Sawyer St.

hindesky

This thread was originally created July 2017. I'm reposting this because this post and other content from me are no longer available in the forum. The original thread is archived here.

1215 Sawyer St in the Sawyer Heights area of Houston. This is also in the First Ward. It's also located in the Lower Washington area and is part of the Arts District.

0kXzmfh.jpg

aOZIoE7.jpg

JcPdkfB.jpg

Google Street View from 2017

Mlt9Jac.jpg

The lot was previously Johnny Franks Auto Parts at 1225 Sawyer St. (Photo from Google Maps)

1JrpcbR.jpg

Originally posted July 8, 2017 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential. Although the information is outdated, it may be helpful to see what was previously discussed or shared before since the original thread and other content from me were removed.  An archive link to original thread is here.

A TABC permit on the site of 1225 Sawyer, the old Johnny Franks Auto Parts, filed by Sawyer Ice House LLC. HCAD shows Westheimer Retail Center, Ltd as the owner. Westheimer Retail Center, Ltd is registered to Lovett Commercial. And Sawyer Ice House LLC is registered to Frank Lui of Lovett Commercial, who is also developing Post HTX in downtown.

BqFh2Fy.jpg&

Originally posted July 8, 2017 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential. Although the information is outdated, it may be helpful to see what was previously discussed or shared before since the original thread and other content from me were removed.  An archive link to original thread is here.

A proposed artist rendering of Sawyer Ice House at 1225 Sawyer St, across from Sawyer Yards and The Silos on Sawyer. The structure in the rendering includes repurposed shipping containers.

0izde8f.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/Sawyer-Ice-House-1871610596413588

Posted  October 26, 2017

Updated rendering of the entrance of Sawyer Ice House, a bar from Lovett Commercial at 1225 Sawyer St.

KMmN8Bb.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/SawyerIceHouse/photos/a.1871825423058772.1073741827.1871610596413588/1930225710552076/

It may be helpful to see what was previously discussed or shared before since the original thread and other content from me were removed.  An archive link to original thread is here.

Originally posted by Urbannizer March 8, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

Proposed multifamily on Sawyer St, just along the tracks, by Alliance Residential.

Plat for Broadstone Sawyer Arts.

bFh2v9o.jpg

8lyyKXi.jpg

(full sized and non-compressed image link)

It may be helpful to see what was previously discussed or shared before since the original thread and other content from me were removed.  An archive link to original thread is here.

Originally posted by LBC2HTX March 8, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

Interesting, there are currently signs up on a portion of the property for an Ice House. I guess that project isn't happening but a Broadstone here would take the area up a notch. 

Originally posted by bwbhtx April 2, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

Hopefully this project still has some legs. Nothing has been done on the site after the demo.

Originally posted by LBC2HTX April 12, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

I saw something a month or so ago that showed a broadstone or some other apartment complex proposed for this site, so I assumed Sawyer Ice House was dead.

Originally posted by LBC2HTX April 12, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

New location for Sawyer Ice House is across the street ( 1420 Sawyer St ) I was told via owner’s.

Thread about Sawyer Ice House at Sawyer Yards was merged into the Sawyer Yards thread.

Its unclear to me whether the plat for Broadstone Sawyer Yards encompasses 1225 sawyer.

Are you saying that the new location for Sawyer Ice House will be in Space B at Sawyer Yards? 

https://www.lovettcommercial.com/properties/houston/sawyer-yards

Originally posted by Avossos April 12, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

I am saying it ( Sawyer Ice House ) is not on the west side of Sawyer anymore.

Originally posted by Urbannizer  July 25, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

328 Units - see Broadstone Arts District , 1215 Sawyer St.

https://www.berkadia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Q2-2018-New-Development-Maps_Houston-FINAL.pdf
(archive link)

rPDlXfC.jpg

(link to view full-sized, non compressed image)

vJsY2Hs.jpg

Originally posted by Urbannizer  July 27, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

From Houston Business Journal:

Next month, Phoenix-based Alliance Residential Co. will start construction on a new five-story apartment project near the corner of Sawyer and Edwards, close to The Silos at Sawyer Yards and about a mile from its other project under construction, Broadstone Studemont. 

The 327-unit project’s design will fit in with the “vibe of the Sawyer Arts District,” with a brick veneer exterior made to match the look of the warehouses in the area, said Luke Phillippi, development director with Alliance. 

“We wanted to design something that feels like it’s part of that neighborhood,” Phillippi said. “We’re not just putting a major modern hard-edge building when you need to put brick.”

The area’s “cool walkable amenities” are what drew the company to that area, he said. 

Phillippi wouldn’t disclose who Alliance bought the 3.85 acre-tract from but records from the Harris County Appraisal District list Westheimer Retail Center Ltd. as the owner.

The Sawyer project’s amenities include a sky deck facing east, with direct views of downtown, Phillippi said. One- and two-bedroom apartments will range in size from 613 square feet to 1,249 square feet with rents starting around $1,400. Apartment features will likely include “condo-like” finishes such as quartz countertops, wooden-plank flooring, farmhouse sinks and tiled shower floors.

Since the project is right by a railroad track, the building will include higher-rated windows to help with sound absorption.

Houston-based EDI International designed the building with Alliance as its own general contractor. Construction financing is provided through Regions Bank. 

The project should deliver by the fourth quarter of 2020.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/07/27/more-washington-ave-area-apartments-planned-near.html

Originally posted by CREguy13 August 20, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

The buildings at 1201 Sawyer Street were on Demolition report today.

Originally posted by Urbannizer November 2, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

https://www.edi-international.com/sawyer-arts-district

https://www.edi-international.com/s/Sawyer-Arts-District-pxze.pdf
(archive link)

Sawyer Arts District
Houston, Texas

Multifamily Mid Rise Alliance Communities

· 5-Story Type 3A Wood Frame Construction with 7-Story, Type 2B Concrete Parking Garage
 · 327 Multi-family Apartment Units
 · 3.85 Acre Site
 · 85 DU/AC
 · Units Range from 657 - 1,249 Square Feet
 · 460 Space Parking Garage
 · Construction Phase

ovKIIQx.jpg

VFtL0dL.jpg

oBbGnGD.jpg

Originally posted by Hindesky, December 24, 2018 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

JHpJIRu.jpg
33DDFD6C-8FD1-4A9C-BD17-E606F268EB3F by David, on Flickr

Originally posted by EllenOlenska, January 6, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

V2OzDta.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, February 3, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

joR9NBT.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, April 14, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

nwfPYD4.jpg

looJLtM.jpg

Originally posted by ekdrm2d1, May 11, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

A1yXxg1.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, May 25, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

Yn7TZqv.jpg

HNEgj90.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, June 16, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

lkZLIr6.jpg

krWvrDG.jpg

IuWTIHK.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, July 6, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

riWtdZz.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, July 27, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

gA3gI5i.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, September 1, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

E6ipkQh.jpg

Originally posted by hindesky, September 8, 2019 in the previous thread for Broadstone Sawyer Yards | 1215 Sawyer St | Lower Washington | Residential.

COkCbgu.jpg

JHz7znZ.jpg

xwRMp1g.jpg

On 10/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, hindesky said:

fa0s7Cy.jpg

One positive thing about Alliance Communities: the construction phase doesn't take forever. Maybe it's the cookie cutter design (because most of the Broadstone apartments look similar to me), I don't know.

If I could get out of my lease, I'd move there. The walking proximity to not one, but TWO breweries is a winner for me. 😄

Archived