36-Story Multifamily High-Rise At 3615 Montrose Blvd.

yaga

Something different for Houston is a plus in my book. Hoping each floor has two or more units, otherwise seems small. My sister just began her HoustonNow Tour company. I am always looking to help her add cool places to view on her routes around HTown.

• Like 1

A slightly revised rendering...

Each condo will be around 3,000 sq ft -- I guess these are going to be a bit pricey !!

http://swamplot.com/developer-says-proposed-garage-wall-streetfront-for-3615-montrose-condo-tower-will-be-green-or-arty-not-blank/2014-04-16/

Edited by HoustonMidtown

I am on my phone so sorry if this has been posted, but while messing around on HAR I think I found a new development that we may have missed. 2312 Commonwealth.

It is ~ 8 stories. If someone could post a link it would be appreciated. It is on HAR, 77006 for sale

I am on my phone so sorry if this has been posted, but while messing around on HAR I think I found a new development that we may have missed. 2312 Commonwealth.

It is ~ 8 stories. If someone could post a link it would be appreciated. It is on HAR, 77006 for sale

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/30164-midrise-on-commonwealth-at-fairview/

• 5 weeks later...

It certainly does have a Miami vibe to it. Just like that there is something different to it. We need more infill like this and not so much superblock infill. Thats how you get a very diverse and interesting cityscape.

• Like 1

Same here. Although they probably wont all be condo's because that market is so hard to really invest in. As long as all of them aren't super pricey and can be in a some what affordable range then that will be golden. This kind of development will certainly raise the land values of the homes around it :)

• 2 months later...

Wow, actually a pretty ballsy move by the architect. It's very dentist-off-Gessner-1983 chic. Either s/he was like, "I've got an idea no one is doing right now! Let's go all retro SW Houston early 1980's. And, let's put it in Montrose and make it a....let's see...condo." Or, s/he was like, "Golly, I haven't worked or had a new idea in 30 years, but maybe no one will notice??"

Either way, kudos to the developer and architect for coming up with a design that blows all current styles and conventions out the door! Look out Herzog and de Meuron and Zaha Hadid. The new revolution in design started right here, my friends! Print that s#*t!!

• Like 1

Wow, actually a pretty ballsy move by the architect. It's very dentist-off-Gessner-1983 chic. Either s/he was like, "I've got an idea no one is doing right now! Let's go all retro SW Houston early 1980's. 

That's funny about dentist-off-Gessner-1983, but to me it doesn't look that 1980s.  The curvature in the facade sets it apart.  It's head and shoulders better than 2100 Taft, imo.  

I like the increased size of the project. A 34-unit development remains small, but will add continued density inside the loop. I am hopeful that midrise condos become successful, as I think they can be a higher revenue generating alternative to townhomes (less square footage can be wasted on staircases) that will lead to more walkable neighborhoods.