36-Story Multifamily High-Rise At 3615 Montrose Blvd.

yaga

The River Cafe is up for demolition according to Swamplot -

http://swamplot.com/...ort-swept-away/

At one point, I lived two blocks from that restaurant and never once noticed it. I walked by it all the time too. If it's slated for demolition, does that mean something will be done with the property? I can't imagine anyone would spend the money to tear that place down even if it was unsafe. It's only a single story building, it wouldn't really hurt anyone even if it collapsed. Something must be going on.

At one point, I lived two blocks from that restaurant and never once noticed it. I walked by it all the time too. If it's slated for demolition, does that mean something will be done with the property? I can't imagine anyone would spend the money to tear that place down even if it was unsafe. It's only a single story building, it wouldn't really hurt anyone even if it collapsed. Something must be going on.

not necessarily. i've seen demolitions happen to get property taxes down.

nah...i think this is slightly out of the street walker area.

Streetwalkers, sure. But remember, as I wrote earlier, I once lived two blocks from this joint. There used to be hobos who'd visit the apartment Dumpster daily, looking for glass and aluminum and other recyclables the residents (I being chief among the lazy) were obviously too busy to sort. I would assume those guys had to live somewhere, and where better than an empty building? According to the photos on that one other thread, the River Cafe beats the crap out of living in the Savoy (and it's a helluva lot closer).

• 2 weeks later...

In the last couple days, the building that housed the River Cafe (Montrose & Marshall) was demolished. Does anyone know what is coming next? Have any permits been filed with the city??

I know they planned the midrise there several years ago, but that fell through. It shocked me to drive down the street and see that it was gone!

In the last couple days, the building that housed the River Cafe (Montrose & Marshall) was demolished. Does anyone know what is coming next? Have any permits been filed with the city??

I know they planned the midrise there several years ago, but that fell through. It shocked me to drive down the street and see that it was gone!

This was supposed to be pretty impressive when it was annouced, and had good legs for a while like the Turnberry Tower.

May I suggest a topic merge?

Update: Looks like Lauren already mention this las week per Swamplot on said thread.

Edited by Pumapayam

• 4 years later...