Gala At MacGregor: Affordable Multifamily Housing At 102 Carson Ct.

Urbannizer

1 hour ago, Toopicky said:

Wow, what a terrible location .... noise, maximum auto exhaust and limited shopping nearby . What more could one want in senior housing?

At least it is close to the Texas Medical Center.

I live next door it's a great area!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Toopicky said:

Wow, what a terrible location .... noise, maximum auto exhaust and limited shopping nearby . What more could one want in senior housing?

At least it is close to the Texas Medical Center.

It doesn't indicate senior housing though.  But with units only being 1 and 2 bedrooms then most will probably be senior citizens anyway and working class people who don't make much for luxury apt rents.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's a 2 minute walk to a bus stop; 3 minute walk to the Judson Robinson Community Center; maybe a 6 minute walk to get on the Hermann Park trails.

As already clarified above, there is no apparent reason to think the project is targeted at seniors; it is being developed as a mixed income multi-family (most multi-family developments are predominantly one and two-bedroom).

• Like 3

It's truly strange how few grocery stores/coffee shops/local corner stores/etc there are in that area. You have a ton of people living by that park, stupid amounts of foot traffic.

I can guess why that is but its not a pretty thought. Regardless of its location, its targeting 60% of AMI and lower, which is super commendable. Tbh, I'm surprised the business interests behind the Mosaic and other higher end apartments are OK with such a development. I didn't see where it says senior housing. I wish more of these would go up in that neighborhood, emancipation area, and the heights. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, X.R. said:

It's truly strange how few grocery stores/coffee shops/local corner stores/etc there are in that area. You have a ton of people living by that park, stupid amounts of foot traffic.

I can guess why that is but its not a pretty thought. Regardless of its location, its targeting 60% of AMI and lower, which is super commendable. Tbh, I'm surprised the business interests behind the Mosaic and other higher end apartments are OK with such a development. I didn't see where it says senior housing. I wish more of these would go up in that neighborhood, emancipation area, and the heights. 

The HEB across 288 opens in less than 2 months!

• Like 6

I honestly thought that gas station/shawarma king location was going to be a Starbucks. 
To add a little positive energy, if executed properly, this would have great freeway presence. Believe it or not (sans construction) driving down inner loop 288/59 u get the ‘urban’ look you don’t see often from Houston freeways.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, midtowndweller said:

I honestly thought that gas station/shawarma king location was going to be a Starbucks. 
To add a little positive energy, if executed properly, this would have great freeway presence. Believe it or not (sans construction) driving down inner loop 288/59 u get the ‘urban’ look you don’t see often from Houston freeways.

starbucks would’ve loved to be on that corner. They want to be in the neighborhood, but are having a hard time finding a site that would pencil out. The land has gotten too expensive. 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Gala At MacGregor: Affordable Housing Multifamily, Museum District
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Gala At MacGregor: Affordable Multifamily Housing, Museum District
  • 3 weeks later...