Katy Freeway Retail Center At 10201-10301 Katy Fwy.

wildthangjim

We had dinner at Goode Co Seafood Friday night.  Our waiter told us they are moving across the parking lot to a new site in the building closer to I-10.  Indeed, there is a restaurant being fitted-out there.  What makes this interesting is that he told us that they're moving because their current building is being demolished to make room for a new high rise with ground floor retail.  He didn't know if that included the Office Depot (and former Sports Authority) building to the west.  Is this part of the Metro National property?

• Like 1

MetroNational owns that entire shopping center and the shopping center across Benignus Rd. 

Coincidentally I was discussing Spring Branch today with one of the attorneys I work with. He has a friend that works in urban planning and land development. His friend told him that MetroNational has big plans for Memorial City and adjacent areas and that they will be doing a lot of development within the next 5-6 years. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Goode Company Seafood Memorial City Moving?
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know what's going on here? Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but there was a replat notice for the March 31 meeting for the old Goode Co Seafood building that was demolished and the building where the new location is next door to create one large plat (I believe, I'm not sure how to find it on the planning commission website). In that building the Vitamin Shoppe already closed and was emptied out, Kolache Factory closed today, and Smoothie King is closing next week. It seems pretty fast to close and demolish it after Goode Co Seafood relocated over there, but I wonder if a larger development is planned?

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Katy Freeway Retail Center At 10201-10301 Katy Fwy.