Art House Sawyer Yards: Multifamily At 2121 Edwards St.

Avossos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Greystar Sawyer Yards, Edwards St.
  • The title was changed to Art House Sawyer Yards: Multifamily On Edwards St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazing, it looks very much like the rendering. I'm impressed.

It's impressive to see what a successful art development can do for an area. My first studio back in 1986, was just east of Winter studios and on the corner of Silver, Summer, Winter White Streets. There was no A.C., and I entered  one weekend, to find six bullet holes on the end of the building. The neighborhood has definitely changed. It backed up to the tracks behind the Silver Eagle facilities, that are now a very popular venue for a multitude of events.

The area around Sawyer Yards has exploded with some well thought out projects, repurposing old structures, to combine with new construction to make a cohesive walkable neighborhood. I can't wait to walk through this area once this project is complete with people living there. What's also nice is the number of  buildings dedicated to artist studios scattered around the neighborhood.  Should really make the overall neighborhood a very fun area to live and play in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bobruss said:

Amazing, it looks very much like the rendering. I'm impressed.

It's impressive to see what a successful art development can do for an area. My first studio back in 1986, was just east of Winter studios and on the corner of Silver, Summer, Winter White Streets. There was no A.C., and I entered  one weekend, to find six bullet holes on the end of the building. The neighborhood has definitely changed. It backed up to the tracks behind the Silver Eagle facilities, that are now a very popular venue for a multitude of events.

The area around Sawyer Yards has exploded with some well thought out projects, repurposing old structures, to combine with new construction to make a cohesive walkable neighborhood. I can't wait to walk through this area once this project is complete with people living there. What's also nice is the number of  buildings dedicated to artist studios scattered around the neighborhood.  Should really make the overall neighborhood a very fun area to live and play in.

When I was still in Houston, I did a few walk's in this area. It still has a long long way to go, but your comment about how creative they are getting with the area is definitely one of the better places in Houston. This project is probably one of the more unique buildings of its building type. The EDI one is substantial, but its just there to fill up space. Its definitely coming together better than Hardy Yards which I think we can all agree has been an enormous disappointment. If the neighborhood gets more clever projects like the post office than this will be THE place to be in Houston.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Art House Sawyer Yards: Multifamily At 2121 Edwards St.