Sign in to follow this  
ekdrm2d1

Rotary House International Hotel Tower

https://www4.mdanderson.org/procurement/bids/index.cfm?pagename=viewBid&id=6298&name=Request for Qualification&historic=yes

A pre-submittal conference will be held at 11/12/18, 1:00 pm, local time, at Jesse H. Jones Rotary House, Conference Room RHI 1.202 abc, 1600 Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX 77030. Owner seeks Design-Build services to expand the Rotary House International Hotel and complete a skybridge to cross S. Braeswood Blvd. This project includes the design, construction and activation of a new hotel tower immediately adjacent to and connected to the existing and occupied Rotary House International (RHI) hotel, located at the corner of Holcombe Boulevard and South Braeswood Boulevard.

SuJT6fN.png

rhj8sfa.png

pvg8sUQ.png

• Like 7

Looks like this will take out MD Anderson's Radiology Outpatient Center (ROC) at that intersection.  The skybridge will connect to that garage.

lkj48R7.png

• Like 8

10 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Looks like this will take out MD Anderson's Radiology Outpatient Center (ROC) at that intersection.  The skybridge will connect to that garage.

lkj48R7.png

see thats now how I read it. Great find btw, but what I read from that is that its "immediately adjacent" to the existing hotel. My guess it will go in the parking lot between the hotel and s braeswood blvd. The skybridge will connect across s braeswood from there. Could be wrong.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Luminare said:

see thats now how I read it. Great find btw, but what I read from that is that its "immediately adjacent" to the existing hotel. My guess it will go in the parking lot between the hotel and s braeswood blvd. The skybridge will connect across s braeswood from there. Could be wrong.

I think ekdrm  is correct. It says clearly on the east side of South Braeswood which is the location of the radiology bldg. with the white roof just north of the garage.

Remember this photo is oriented with south to the top and east is on the left.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luminare said:

@ekdrm2d1 evidence and everything! Merely being skeptical.

Per the RFQ, you are correct:

New hotel tower immediately adjacent to...the existing...hotel

Pedestrian bridge...that will connect the hotel to the parking garage located on the east side of S Braeswood. (the garage is on the east side, not the new tower)

Additional bridge...from the hotel to garage 17 immediately south.

So the new hotel is next to the existing one, with a pedestrian bridge connecting to the rectangular garage across the street and there is the possibility of a tie-in with the matching pink garage next door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I see that now also. 

5 minutes ago, phillip_white said:

Pedestrian bridge...that will connect the hotel to the parking garage located on the east side of S Braeswood. (the garage is on the east side, not the new tower)

So the new hotel is next to the existing one, with a pedestrian bridge connecting to the rectangular garage across the street and there is the possibility of a tie-in with the matching pink garage next door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillip_white said:

I believe this to be the case just by literally reading the RFQ. It also makes the most sense. I don't know why you would build a tower of the same brand hotel across the street when you already have the existing on the other side. However, with that being said, I'm going to side with the info pointed out by @ekdrm2d1 because its the most solid data we have until a site plan is presented. I also have that on the map right now.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Text from the document in the Rotary House International Hotel Tower bidding package (so it's searchable through the forum search and appears as an result preview on Google search).

This proposed project is in Houston's Texas Medical Center area.

Owner seeks Design-Build services to expand the Rotary House International Hotel and complete a skybridge to cross S. Braeswood Blvd.

This project includes the design, construction and activation of a new hotel tower immediately adjacent to and connected to the existing and occupied Rotary House International (RHI) hotel, located at the corner of Holcombe Boulevard and South Braeswood Boulevard.

The Project will: 

Include a hotel tower that includes approximately 182 guest rooms and suites, plus additional support space 

Additional spaces may include:
 Restaurant and kitchen
 Laundry facilities (for guests) 
 Conference/meeting room space 
 Pool & Spa Renovation 
 Food and beverage “grab and go” / retail space 
 Utility tie-ins (TECO, electrical, gas, etc) 
 Service dock 
 Building transformer pad 
 Elevators and elevator lobby
Include renovation and expansion of portions of the existing facility to improve the functionality  of the hotel, such as relocation of the front desk and the expansion of the kitchen and dining areas 
Be designed and constructed to a “Marriott Premium” level (ex. Marriott, Sheraton,
Marriot Full Service) 
Include the design and construction of a pedestrian bridge from across South Braeswood
Blvd. that will directly connect the hotel to the parking garage located on the east side of
South Braeswood Blvd. An additional bridge connection may be included from the hotel
tower to Garage 17 immediately south of the Project location. 

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 5