Gulf Cost Electric Supply Company Warehouse - 1212 Roberts St.

The old Gulf Cost Electric Supply Company warehouse at 1212 Roberts (at the corner of Polk and Roberts) is getting some work done - they have been gutting the interior the last couple of days.

Not sure what is being planned as there aren't any signs up on the property.  It has been vacant for a couple years

Pics from Google Maps:

48687666848_f8b0e003f5_h.jpgPic1 by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

48688005921_5d08b64623_k.jpgPic2 by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Somebody posted on Nextdoor stating that they saw people bringing brewery equipment here. I’m not finding anything through Google, and HCAD isn’t showing anything on the recent transaction yet. 

Do we know who purchased this? New paint and the other work put into it seems excessive if it’s just going to be a storage facility. 

I don't know anything about what is going in here - but they have added a new, striped parking lot with  iron fencing and landscaping.  

The last couple of days they have been replacing the wall on the back of the structure - definitely a lot of work going on...

I'll get a pic this weekend

15 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

Somebody posted on Nextdoor stating that they saw people bringing brewery equipment here. I’m not finding anything through Google, and HCAD isn’t showing anything on the recent transaction yet. 

Do we know who purchased this? New paint and the other work put into it seems excessive if it’s just going to be a storage facility. 

I asked my local beer nerd friends about it and no one knew of a brewery. That doesn't mean it won't be one or will be one though.

If it is a storage facility, I hope it's a neat facility like the funky one built about a year or two ago not far from here.

• The title was changed to 1212 Roberts St.
  • The title was changed to Gulf Cost Electric Supply Company Warehouse - 1212 Roberts St.

Archived