Rich's At 202 Tuam St.

j_cuevas713

About that concern over parking...........

pesky civic associations will “ come to arms” in protest. And no matter what anyone might state...no business wants  a “fresh” start among very  hostile neighbors. 

Edited by trymahjong

On 9/7/2019 at 3:34 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

Lets cross our fingers for a full renovation of the building. 

For the most part, it's still intact. The layout is virtually the same as it was after its first major renovation 35+ years ago. 
The most egregious change was the removal of the original black ceramic tiles that covered the lower exterior walls. That hurt.

• 1 month later...

Wait...so am i missing something? Is Rich's taking over Numbers? Has that been confirmed or is the new location still a mystery. It can't be taking over South Beach since it looks like they have put the signage back up...

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, Texasota said:

Why is parking relevant? If they move into an existing venue space, they don't need to meet current parking reqs. 

I'd hate to see Numbers go though, although I can't imagine it lasting too much longer...

Number is fine, all the kids think it's a trendy place called "Hashtags."

• Haha 1

OooOoooh that would totally make sense...although i wish that they would remodel F Bar then to be 2 stories...part of the appeal and cool factor of Rich's was the 2 story area and being able to overlook the dance floor and stage

:)

ah...good times thursday nights at Rich's a loooOoOoong time ago haha 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

On 10/12/2019 at 5:49 PM, hindesky said:

Please don't take over Numbers, I don't go as much anymore but still make it about 3 or 4 times a year and still love it.

Agreed. However they do need to have some days with more contemporary offerings in my opinion if they are going to stay in business. I'm sure there are plenty of people into Rap/Hip-hop/Trap who don't want to have to go all the way out to Midtown or Downtown, and then there are people like me who want a good solid House/Techno/Trance and this group is effectively homeless since Gravity closed down. Numbers could balance keeping their awesome off-color/alternative scenes while also providing nights for a younger/contemporary crowd that will help fill the books.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Luminare said:

Agreed. However they do need to have some days with more contemporary offerings in my opinion if they are going to stay in business. I'm sure there are plenty of people into Rap/Hip-hop/Trap who don't want to have to go all the way out to Midtown or Downtown, and then there are people like me who want a good solid House/Techno/Trance and this group is effectively homeless since Gravity closed down. Numbers could balance keeping their awesome off-color/alternative scenes while also providing nights for a younger/contemporary crowd that will help fill the books.

I totally agree, keep the Friday night and do other shows the rest of the week. They also need to do live music acts way more often, I've seen so many good bands there in the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, Luminare said:

I didn't go as much as I wanted but Gravity was my jam.  I've gone to a few shows at The Dive and will probably go to Bauhaus eventually to check it out.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

I didn't go as much as I wanted but Gravity was my jam.  I've gone to a few shows at The Dive and will probably go to Bauhaus eventually to check it out.  

Been meaning to check Bauhaus out. Hopefully its good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 8:03 AM, midtowndweller said:

Didn’t find a topic on this but didn’t think it was worthy of starting a new one so I figured this would be the best place for it. SOBE planning on opening up this Spring. They’re looking for staff. Looks like we’re getting a bit of old gay Montrose back. Just miss Mining and Meteor.ACi9g3I.jpg

Missing Meteor is a severe understatement.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Rich's Moving To Montrose
  • The title was changed to Rich's At 202 Tuam St.
  • 3 months later...

On 11/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, HoustonMidtown said:

Rich's moved to the old F-Bar.....it's now called ReBar

They have been having soft openings for a while now...not sure when the "grand" opening will be

ReBar closed at 202 Tuam St this summer. Rich's announced the closure in August, noting it's finally transitioning to Rich's. The statement also addresses the transition delay.

From Instagram on August 22:

Last Sunday was ReBar's final day of operation so that we can accelerate the pace on our interior and exterior renovations. Our patio was the first component of our expansive transformation with the interior upgrades being the second. The third component is working its way through permitting and we couldn't be more excited to make a big splash! Better late than never right?

Our dining, brunch, and cocktail menus are being refreshed to reflect the new concept coming to 202 Tuam.

In the fall of 2019 the people who made up the soul of Rich's Houston made the move to 202 Tuam. We didn't just want to be a "mega dance club". Our mission then was to offer an elevated and boutique experience that was more versatile while offering dining, cocktails, dancing, events, various entertainment and special guest. As the pandemic hit it altered the world and our plans as well. We are happy to announce that we are now putting the finishing touches on our original vision. When all of the components are completed we will be one of a kind tailored for our Houston LGBTQ+ community and allies! Very soon we will be hiring for waitstaff, bar staff and support staff. Thank you for being so patient with us! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwP_id1tFvl/