The Blue Bird Circle At 615 W. Alabama St.

hindesky

2 hours ago, hindesky said:

Fence surrounding it and a construction trailer in the parking lot. Anyone know what is going on?

The Blue Bird Circle Shop is temporarily closed for renovation beginning August 30th, 2019 through an expected reopening date in November, 2019.

Please continue to check our website for updates on our construction progress and reopening date as we are unable to accept phone messages and cannot return your call during renovation.

We look forward to joining with you again in supporting the Pediatric Clinics in Houston for over 96 years and sharing the excitement of our newly renovated Shop.

https://www.thebluebirdcircle.com/shop/

Wonder what the renovation will entail? Hard to imagine they'd rethink things too far away from the low-key, unpretentious charm the shop's always had. 

I had a sinking feeling when I saw the subject line, so I'm glad to see that they're apparently still doing a decent business. I still have the heavy, solid wood coffee table I bought there almost thirty years ago for a ridiculously low price, only slightly the worse for wear after my dearly departed German Shepherd decided she liked the taste of it when she was a puppy. 

• The title was changed to The Blue Bird Circle At 615 W. Alabama St.

Archived