Blue Dogs

More changes at CBS 11 KHOU-TV Houston: Xavier Walton becomes Weekday Morning Anchor & Lisa Hernandez moved to Weekend Evenings

Posted (edited)

CBS 11 KHOU-TV Houston has hired WCNC-TV Charlotte, NC Weekend News Anchor Xavier Walton as the TEGNA Station's new #HTownRush Morning Anchor.

"We are excited to have him on board," KHOU President & GM Robert Springer, told mikemcguff.com. Springer adds Walton wants to move to Houston, to not only report the news, but also to make it a better place to live through his community involvement.

With Walton taking over Weekday Mornings, current #HTownRush Weekday Morning News Anchor Lisa Hernandez is moved to the Weekend Evenings, where she will be doing weekend evening newscasts alongside Ron Trevino, who currently anchors the weekend evening timeslot alone. However, Trevino will continue to solo anchor the Saturday Morning News. Springer also told mikemcguff.com that the TEGNA Station is working to expand its weekend coverage with Hernandez's addition.

https://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2019/08/xaiver-walton-khou-htownrush.html

https://www.facebook.com/mcguff713/

Give me your thoughts on these changes & how do you think it will work out in the long-term ?

A.) Love It

B.) Hated It

C.) Wait & See Approach

Edited by Blue Dogs

C.

Is this considered a demotion for Lisa? Are their ratings suffering during the morning rush? I watch at 4:30am  for the weather and traffic reports because these are the second and third things they mention in there broadcast before I head out the door at 4:35am for my commute.

• Like 1

Taking Lisa Hernandez off the morning news broadcast had me switching to KPRC morning news. Shame she’s on weekend evenings. I’m never home from work in time to see her. I think KHOU made a mistake...much like NBC did with Ann Curry.

• Like 1

I've also switched to KPRC weekday mornings. It has much better traffic reporting and the weather reports are more concise. I don't really care why it is going to rain, or be hot or cold - especially in such excruciating detail.

Also, the KHOU weekday morning "news" has  become too chopped up in its presentation and the behavior of the people in front of the camera is just plain silly. Both, I think, is something that was dictated by some marketing "genius." I do miss Lisa Hernandez' professional demeanor and measured delivery too.

• Like 2

I have moved to abc 13 They moved to much around and now it’s boring. It use to be fun watching Ron,Lisa, Chita and the others. Not now I thought I was on a different channel when I turned to the channel. SMH ( My mom always say when it’s not broke leave it alone)

• Like 1

KHOU continues to mess thier anchors around. If they want ratings this was a major mistake but it's all about who knows who in that industry. Think I'll give KPRC a try.

• Like 1

I have moved to channel 13 because KHOU keep messing up things too much unnecessary changes.  It appears they need to start at the TOP with Management and moved them out the door.  Things are not consistent.

Every since they moved Sherry Williams, Lily Chang and Darby’s Douglas it has been a big screw up.  The traffic lady  Stephanie is horrible in the morning.  

The new cast won’t last long at all.  They are boring, Xavier is no better and appears not at ease in reporting.   Everyone I know has left watching Channel 11 in the morning when I asked.   A terrible mistake.

Erica Simon or Chauncey Glover should have been recruited from Channel 13.  However, it’s obvious Channel 11 doesn’t want this kind of Diversity on the morning show.

Resign the management team and bring younger, creative Managers in and see what happens.  

I hope someone will read this feedback.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Things began to grossly go down hill big time at KHOU when Darby Douglas was fired from the station!!!!!!!!!  He and David Paul had a REAL magical connection and made the traffic and weather fun to watch.  Bad mistake!  Chita was added...she is ok but at times talks too much!  Then, Ron Trevino and Lisa Hernandez were heading the morning show!  KHOU has since added and removed various replacements but none have really worked!  Is there a message in that?????  

Ron Trevino was moved to weekends, Lisa Hernandez recently took maternity leave and now she will comeback to weekends with Ron Trevino which is a great reunion but weekend news is probably the least watched!

Suggestion,  move Ron and Lisa back to weekdays Htown Rush, along with David Paul and Darby Douglas!  The ratings  will blow the roof off the new plaza building!

Edited by Sissy
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:31 AM, Sissy said:

Things began to grossly go down hill big time at KHOU when Darby Douglas was fired from the station!!!!!!!!!  He and David Paul had a REAL magical connection and made the traffic and weather fun to watch.  Bad mistake!  Chita was added...she is ok but at times talks too much!  Then, Ron Trevino and Lisa Hernandez were heading the morning show!  KHOU has since added and removed various replacements but none have really worked!  Is there a message in that?????  

Ron Trevino was moved to weekends, Lisa Hernandez recently took maternity leave and now she will comeback to weekends with Ron Trevino which is a great reunion but weekend news is probably the least watched!

Suggestion,  move Ron and Lisa back to weekdays Htown Rush, along with David Paul and Darby Douglas!  The ratings  will blow the roof off the new plaza building!

You don't think Xavier & Co., will last long ? Are you guessing 3 years or 5 years from now ?

Started going downhill at KHOU when they had the big shakeup with Ron Trevino and Lily Jang and brought in the boss's husband. Then they fire Darby Douglas and bring in Stephanie Simmons. Have no idea why they let Darby go nor did Darby according to his FB page.  Then they bring in the comedian Chinedu Ogu which I find not funny at all just stupid. KHOU is definently worst of the 3 or 4 in the mornings now.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, blownt said:

Started going downhill at KHOU when they had the big shakeup with Ron Trevino and Lily Jang and brought in the boss's husband. Then they fire Darby Douglas and bring in Stephanie Simmons. Have no idea why they let Darby go nor did Darby according to his FB page.  Then they bring in the comedian Chinedu Ogu which I find not funny at all just stupid. KHOU is definently worst of the 3 or 4 in the mornings now.

That so-called comedian Ogu is an IDIOT. I know that Lily has moved on from the TV Biz & is doing real estate stuff.

I watch the KHOU morning news everyday.  I will miss seeing Russ and Lisa every morning while I drink my coffee. I hate to see them go and I don’t like change! You don’t understand the morning cast becomes part of your family. Please take good care of them and treat them well.