Minute Maid Park Mixed-Use Development

Brandon55

On 2/24/2021 at 10:15 AM, hindesky said:

I've ridden by these 2 warehouses and there is about a dozen old/antique trains already there on an old rail line that used to service the warehouses there. I took a few photos of them but there are a lot more.

33 minutes ago, tigereye said:

One step closer to an incredible parking lot: Train was moved yesterday. 

https://www.facebook.com/1717138895199170/posts/2848670668712648/?d=n

Based on a comment to that Facebook post, the warehouse Hindesky mentioned will become the Texas Railroading Heritage Museum. This is news to me. Anyone have any other information?

• Like 2

In a Zoom meeting hosted by Buffalo Bayou Partnership in early February about plans for Tony Moran Park, Anne Olsen stated that there were some discussions about the RR Heritage Museum possibly being located on an adjacent property.  Of course this is not a BBP project, but there have been plans discussed with them about the museum so that the Partnership can plan the park with it in mind.  

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I talked with a couple guys who seem to know about trains.  They were in the process of evaluating the condition of the train engine at it's current location. Took lots of pics but don't want to put them here. I'm going to create a topic in the East End section.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 3