Sign in to follow this  
Reefmonkey

Boating on Towne Lake

I'm wondering if any homeowners or guests of homeowners can tell me what the boating is like on Towne Lake? As far as I understand it, the lake is 300 acres, yet allows motor boats and encourages skiing and wakeboarding, so we're talking motorboats going pretty fast. In college I sailed on White Rock Lake, and it's four times the size of Towne Lake, yet motoboats are prohibited, with good reason on a small lake like WR. With Towne Lake being SO small, I have trouble imagining how water skiiers and kayakers and paddleboarders and people just cruising the lake could possibly coexist on the lake on a typical summer weekend and be at all safe.

I agree, the lake isn't large enough for water skiing, etc. .... I imagine most of the boaters (and there are a few) just putt around a bit or take their boats up to the clubhouse or dock at the small "village center".

Yet the website really plays up the waterskiing, and even has pictures of families doing it. It seems kind of irresponsible to encourage or even allow water skiing on a lake that small, IMO.

I've been out there for wake surfing/boarding and the lake is pretty narrow but you can still get away with tubing or whatever water activities you want because it just doesn't get that crowded.