Boating On Towne Lake

Reefmonkey

I'm wondering if any homeowners or guests of homeowners can tell me what the boating is like on Towne Lake? As far as I understand it, the lake is 300 acres, yet allows motor boats and encourages skiing and wakeboarding, so we're talking motorboats going pretty fast. In college I sailed on White Rock Lake, and it's four times the size of Towne Lake, yet motoboats are prohibited, with good reason on a small lake like WR. With Towne Lake being SO small, I have trouble imagining how water skiiers and kayakers and paddleboarders and people just cruising the lake could possibly coexist on the lake on a typical summer weekend and be at all safe.

As others have said, it’s not very big, but it has always seemed big enough for these activities due to the very limited # of boats on the lake at any given time. It’s also one of the best viewing locations in all of Houston for fireworks on 7/4 & 12/31.

I’ve said it elsewhere as my family has a dock on TL, it will never compared to Lake Conroe Or Travis, but my mother works in the energy corridor and really can’t accommodate the commute from Lake Conroe. Now do we haul our boat to bigger lakes on occasions? Of course we do take it, but TL affords us the ability to actually utilize and enjoy our boat outside of those few occasions a year; the way I see it, it’s a million times more appealing than just having it in storage for most the year.

There’s not really anywhere within the grand parkway loop where you can enjoy a family boat in this way and that’s I think the niche of it. TL also offers more custom high end hone options than Bridgeland, so I think a lot of people are choosing TL cause they’ve already decided on their location being Cypress south of 290, and TL is really the only neighborhood offering custom new builds over 7-8k sq ft or acre lots in this part of Cypress.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Boating On Towne Lake

Archived