NHHIP Interactive Map - Leave A Comment

Since the Pierce Elevated thread is getting so long that this might not be noticed, and because this is important for us to do, I've decided to start a new thread for just the NHHIP Interactive Map which can found below in the link:

http://mycity.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=15e9cd4512944ddb9b8f6b23fa9a68c6

If the link doesn't work then go to this link for the entire NHHIP (the link to the map on the website is a few scrolls down):

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/nhhip/index.html

Just click the box that says "Let's Comment" then click ok.

Once there you will be dropped into the interactive map. Its actually a very comprehensive map. It will initially show just the areas effected, but to the right you will see layers which turn on the schematic drawings. On the left is a window with a template to write your comment. You just click on it and it will ask you to drop it on the map. After that it will ask for more specifics. They even ask for what kind of comment it is. At the bottom of the prompt to select various things is the section "extra comment". This is where you write your actual comment. It has to be brief though as it limits the number of characters. I believe you only get one comment (not sure about that, but its fair to have a limit of one...you know chaos and all that).

I've already left a comment. My comment is about the Spur at 59. I've always thought it was awkward that the Spur wasn't part of the original scope. If they are going to focus more on communities with these comments then its worth while to reconsider adding the spur to the scope and submerge it to restitch Montrose and Midtown back together. Its a "once in a lifetime project", right?

I encourage my fellow HAIF'ers to leave a comment as well. If this is an opportunity to make your voice heard than you should do so. This is a community that has been discussing this project at length, with ideas and opinions, for years now! Now it seems you will have the ability to act on those ideas and opinions.

Of course, keep it civil and sensible. I read one comment about keeping the Pierce as a highway which defeats the purpose of the project which says the person making that comment doesn't understand the purpose of the project.

@Urbannizer @Triton is it possible to make this a sticky post? Would appreciate it.

Comment away!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was pinned
  • The title was changed to NHHIP Interactive Map - Leave A Comment
  • 2 years later...
  • The topic was unpinned