Bellaire Triangle Shopping Center At 5400-6810 Bellaire Blvd.

This shopping center located at 5400 - 6810 Bellaire Blvd. has some history. First opened in February 1956. I've been visiting this center a lot lately.  Bernie's Burger Bus is addicting!

Figured I'd make a thread to keep track of the comings & goings.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/5400-6810-Bellaire-Blvd-Bellaire-TX/11995514/

4tkmyJM.png

KzB2294.png

• Like 1

Bernie’s Burger Bus marks five years at first brick-and-mortar in Bellaire

https://communityimpact.com/local-news/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/news/2019/07/25/bernies-burger-bus-marks-five-years-at-first-brick-and-mortar-in-bellaire/

Bernie’s Burger Bus marked five years as a brick-and-mortar restaurant at 5407 Bellaire Blvd., Ste A., Bellaire, in June. Chef Justin Turner opened the food truck in 2010, and after its first Bellaire location, added restaurants in the Heights, Katy and Missouri City, as well as Reliant Stadium, serving playfully named burgers, fries and milkshakes. In July, the restaurant introduced new menu items, including the Show & Tell Burger, Reunion Salad and Cheat Sheet Chips.

• The title was changed to Bellaire Triangle Shopping Center
  • 2 weeks later...

Redevelopment concept by Arc Three Studios.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B63VV2DAGg5/

Arcthreestudio “The Triangle,” is a term familiar to all residents in Bellaire, Texas. The convergence of Bissonnet St, and Bellaire Blvd creates a unique urban condition of a triangular nature, perfect for a mixed use development. The commercial wedge to the West serves the residential wedge to the East, which is why we chose this site for our most recent spec project. While this project is not a real development at this time, our study shows how it is possible to create a vibrant mixed use development of office, retail, restaurants, and grocery in the heart of Bellaire. The concept is about view corridors throughout the site which serve to visually maintain the connection between the ever separating streets. The residual space in the middle serves as a central market for local vendors. The market would also serve as an extension of a rooftop park which slopes down to the pedestrian level for an event space.

ml31Pmt.jpg

bnFCTdk.jpg

M1QHrZx.jpg

lFAMmSm.jpg

JVzdvoh.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, texas911 said:

Wow! Bellaire is underserved for retail. Hopefully this will give options for one of Houston's richest zip codes.

While this project is not a real development at this time, our study shows how it is possible to create a vibrant mixed use development of office, retail, restaurants, and grocery in the heart of Bellaire. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Bernie's Burger Bus to close up amid Covid-19

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/05/28/bernies-burger-bus-closes.html

Another restaurant will call it quits this week, again partially due to the coronavirus pandemic. 

Bernie’s Burger Bus, a popular food truck-turned-restaurant, will close May 31. The restaurant has locations in Bellaire, Katy, the Heights and Missouri City — all but the Bellaire location are currently closed due to Covid-19. 

“It is with a heavy heart that I have to communicate this, but with accumulating debt, decreased sales and the rising cost of doing business, we were starting to move into the danger zone,” owner Justin Turner said in a press release. “I was not going to be able to afford the remaining 10 of 114 staff I had left, and paying my team was more important to me than anything else.”

The pandemic has resulted in rising meat prices and food delivery fees and thus thin profit margins Turner said. He also calls building his latest location, in Missouri City, a fatal move. 

“It was a big mistake to use working capital for our buildout,” Turner said. “If we’d taken out a loan and kept that money in the bank, we could have survived. Working capital can and does make the difference between who will survive times like this and who won’t — Bernie’s Burger Bus is proof of that.”

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Bellaire Triangle Shopping Center Developments
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Bellaire Triangle Shopping Center At 5400-6810 Bellaire Blvd.
  • 6 months later...