Flags For Posts

Luminare

@editor Is there a way to add "Flags" for posts that can be updated? Such as "Under Construction", "Proposed", etc... Like what I have going on in the Development map. Was think they could go right in front of the title. We could even have a tag that says "Inactive" or "Complete". Would be a great way to keep track of projects, and would be really helpful to new people who come to the forum.

Until we do, I'll be using the "tags" system more, but its just not as visible as a flag that could go in front of a title.

Thanks.

I'm not sure the forum software if capable of something like that, but it can certainly be accomplished manually by myself or one of the moderators.  It would have to be done by  myself or a moderator anyway; it wouldn't make sense to let everyone make changes like that.

If there is a topic that you think needs an [Under Construction] or [Complete] or some similar tag, it's best to e-mail me about it.  You might think that a PM would be best, but for my workflow, an e-mail will get the quickest response.

As for having a boilerplate with statistics about a building or project at the head of a thread, that might be accomplished by the pinning of messages.  I'll look into it.

24 minutes ago, editor said:

I'm not sure the forum software if capable of something like that, but it can certainly be accomplished manually by myself or one of the moderators.  It would have to be done by  myself or a moderator anyway; it wouldn't make sense to let everyone make changes like that.

If there is a topic that you think needs an [Under Construction] or [Complete] or some similar tag, it's best to e-mail me about it.  You might think that a PM would be best, but for my workflow, an e-mail will get the quickest response.

As for having a boilerplate with statistics about a building or project at the head of a thread, that might be accomplished by the pinning of messages.  I'll look into it.

I think this will be acceptable for the time being. A worthwhile compromise. It would be great if in the future this is something you can just select as an option while creating a thread, but I completely understand that this might not be capable with the current software.

Would you be able to pm me the email address of choice you wish to be contacted with?

• The title was changed to Flags For Posts

Archived