Sign in to follow this  
wxman

The Astoria Condos at 1405 Post Oak Boulevard

that's a photoshop.. i know because I have seen a few in my days, and can tell by the pixels   :)

10812590463_40e5c3772d_z.jpg

That thing is beyond laughable lol I love it  :lol:

• Like 1

that's a photoshop.. i know because I have seen a few in my days, and can tell by the pixels   :)

Good job, good effort.  LOL looks pretty cool though. 

almost all those garden style apartments are either on the market or have been sold recently. they'll get redeveloped eventually... you know, highest and best use and all.

almost all those garden style apartments are either on the market or have been sold recently. they'll get redeveloped eventually... you know, highest and best use and all.

Can you update us on the other property Randall Davis has in the area?

...updated version of the "leaning tower of piza" houston style.

What's taking so long with this?

I'm assuming they are just having to drill all of the piers right now, similar to what happened at SkyHouse.  That building really took a while to get off the ground because of the drilling they did prior to vertical construction.  Might have to have someone like Purdue chime in though with more knowledge.

wait i'm confused...ya'll are talking about land drilling and construction when clearly it's already built...as evidenced by those amazing photos there a few posts up!!!

;)

• Like 1

Crane base on site.

Dude, where have you been?! It's been like a whole two weeks since your last updates for the area. This is unacceptable! :)

• Like 2

This site is moving incredibly slow recently. Glad to know the base is finally on site. They are going crazy over at the BHP site across the street

Brijon... travel man... so much travel.  Next photo update will be Monday or Tuesday.  

Just give me the keys to your apt...Ill take the pics for you! :D

• Like 1

2013 12 11:  I don't know anything about foundation construction, but I'm guessing someone screwed up and they had to rebuild the boring crane (which had been completely disassembled and removed from the site) to do a few more drills.  Wah wah.

IMG_2020_zps61303a67.jpg

IMG_2019_zps884403f2.jpg

• Like 3

Well the building went vertical today. There are several steel rebar columns about 14 feet or so in the air attached to the dug up 'rectangles' in the photo above. Driving too fast today to snap a pic, but if I get a red light tomorrow I'll upload a pic.

• Like 2

Well the building went vertical today. There are several steel rebar columns about 14 feet or so in the air attached to the dug up 'rectangles' in the photo above. Driving too fast today to snap a pic, but if I get a red light tomorrow I'll upload a pic.

Dude. Pull in Mcdonalds and snap a pic. Please.

• Like 3

My camera fully died so I can't get pictures.

We all love the beautiful, hi-def photos people post on here, but we're also pretty forgiving of relevant cell phone shots.

• Like 1

We all love the beautiful, hi-def photos people post on here, but we're also pretty forgiving of relevant cell phone shots.

Alec speaks the truth.  Being a suburban dweller I'm always happy to see pictures of any kind on all the progress going on around town.  Even if it's just dirt moving.  Thank you to all who contribute...I will always chip in when I have the opportunity.

• Like 2

Alec speaks the truth.  Being a suburban dweller I'm always happy to see pictures of any kind on all the progress going on around town.  Even if it's just dirt moving.  Thank you to all who contribute...I will always chip in when I have the opportunity.

You all have inspired me. I'll do better as the project goes on.

Pic 1 is a view of the new crane taken going south on Post Oak 200 feet south of Uptown Park Blvd.

Pic 2 & 3 are sitting at the light headed south on Post Oak at Four Oaks

Hopefully this will satiate the masses until the real photographers can get an update : )

post-12408-0-59069000-1387484312_thumb.j

post-12408-0-99778200-1387484338_thumb.j

post-12408-0-46844700-1387484374_thumb.j

Edited by richfish
  • Like 3

thanks for the update and the sore neck ;)

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

I'll feed you baby birds...

Daniel Tosh  ;)

I seriously say that all the time and everyone gives me this face  :huh: and I seriously just bust out laughing

• Like 1

so soon there will be 2 more cranes in this pic?

2? What do you mean. The only other crane will be for the BHP tower. (Unless you count whatever else is going on at BLVD Place-which probably won't have a crane for at least the next half year or so. Probably longer than that.)

of course. it's a (relatively) small lot for a tower.

Plus why wouldn't they? What would they do with the rest of the lot?

It actually is surprising they're taking up the whole lot because in Houston there's this trend to add an obnoxious garage and acres (exaggerated) of grass and landscaping.

Edited by HoustonBoy
  • Like 1

It actually is surprising they're taking up the whole lot because in Houston there's this trend to add an obnoxious garage and acres (exaggerated) of grass and landscaping.

Where is the garage anyways?

In the bottom of the tower..?

What's wrong with grass and landscaping?

I don't think the poster dislikes grass and landscaping by itself, but in Houston when an urban development has grass and landscaping it usually means little or no sidewalks and poor street level interaction. 

• Like 3

In the bottom of the tower..?

From the renderings it almost looked like the entire tower was condos. Esoecially the night-time renderings where it looked as if lights from inside were lit throughout the entire tower, not just the top.

Took some screenshots

A4_zpsb420f057.png

A_zps5e151f05.png

A1_zps7133076b.png

A3_zpsa013ba32.png

A2_zpsec3871fa.png

See the "podium" garage at the base? It's blended in very well.. It's a shame other towers can't blend their garages into the structure like this

• Like 1

I don't think the poster dislikes grass and landscaping by itself, but in Houston when an urban development has grass and landscaping it usually means little or no sidewalks and poor street level interaction.

Bingo! I like grass and landscaping but not in urban environments to a certain extent.

See the "podium" garage at the base? It's blended in very well.. It's a shame other towers can't blend their garages into the structure like this

Since there are only 60 or 70 something units for this tower, there isn't this need for a giant garage. I think this "podium" blends in very nicely as well. Beautiful building IMO.

• Like 1