Sign in to follow this  
wxman

The Astoria Condos at 1405 Post Oak Boulevard

"Your" is spelled "you're" when you are using it as a contraction of "you are".

Periods are supposed to be placed inside quotation marks.

I don't like a lot of RD projects, but I really like this building if it looks anything like the renderings.

Edited by por favor gracias
  • Like 1

I actually agree. If Davis’ architect is able to respectfully and accurately execute a Deco tower, then it should look great.  Let’s hope it is the case.  

Interesting. Hoping RD will turn a corner like Las Vegas has. From Ceaser's, Paris and Palazzo to Vdarra, Cosmopolian and Aria.

• Like 1

well RD may be closing on another site very near Astoria so get used to it.

Which site would that be? That little apartment complex behind the Astoria on Garrettson?

I live down the street on Post Oak and drive past this site everyday after work. Looks like they're really moving along. They have a good 6 - 8 feet excavated with two small cranes already on site. I honestly have no idea how that building is going to fit on such a small site. It's going to be one hell of a tight parking garage, and if they do widen Post Oak the road is basically going to be in the building's lobby.

• Like 2

Guest Jackwood

I'm glad that people are talking about the Astoria now. It's nice to see that people are becoming less obsessed with the McDonalds next door.  ;)

Edited by Jackwood
  • Like 3

Which site would that be? That little apartment complex behind the Astoria on Garrettson?

Yes i keep waiting to hear that they are knocking down The Winhall Townhouses since they sit right up against  the future Astoria property!

no those are under contract to someone else.

yes its a condo property now...with the astoria land property being so small and outdated i thought they would find an excuse to knock it down haha!

Did they take down that brand new fence between them and McDonalds? Certainly looks that way.

Well, you've gotta admit...the current view (from McDonald's) is stunning.

Edited by por favor gracias

Just modified my post...I see where that could have been confusing the way I originally wrote that.

Haha I didn't mean your post. I meant there must have been a lack of communication for a brand new fence to be erected and then taken down just a few weeks later. 

Haha I didn't mean your post. I meant there must have been a lack of communication for a brand new fence to be erected and then taken down just a few weeks later. 

I knew that!  :ph34r: 

Yeah, that is kind of a head scratcher and good observation on your part. I didn't notice that at first glance. Gotta love H-town!

yep fence is down and weird to say but i like it better with the fence down...anyway...they are really digging away and since i live next door and drive by it every day i still look at that plot of land and think my god thats small! haha! its going to be the most narrow tall building in uptown (besides that weird/ugly pencil looking almost no window building/complex at sage and richmond...)

• Like 1

Gene, I love your description of the Mercer:  "weird/ugly pencil looking almost no window building/complex".  Its an awkward phrase, but a very apt way to describe it!  Better than my own:  "the elevator shaft building".  :-)

• Like 1

Any idea who owns the land on the 610 frontage where the parking lot is going? That seems like a super prime lot to build more concrete.

Gene, I love your description of the Mercer:  "weird/ugly pencil looking almost no window building/complex".  Its an awkward phrase, but a very apt way to describe it!  Better than my own:  "the elevator shaft building".  :-)

haha thanks and yours is VERY appropriate as well!!! what in the heck were they thinking when they built that!?!? ;)

its going to be the most narrow tall building in uptown (besides that weird/ugly pencil looking almost no window building/complex at sage and richmond...)

The Mercer has been lovingly called the stained urinal on HAIF.

are these footings for the tower being drilled? they were doing a concrete pour for something today when i was in the area. sorry for the terrible angle. SkylineView will have to get us a better shot whenever he gets a chance.

DSC_7513_zps1f1b0fe0.jpg

you can see the concrete truck in the middle, backed up to something, pouring cement.
DSC_7516_zpsd4a6085a.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for getting all these pictures...an engineer might have to chime in here but this is the same thing they did with the Skyhouse downtown.  Had a rig drilling while simultaneously pumping concrete into the hole.

Thanks for getting all these pictures...an engineer might have to chime in here but this is the same thing they did with the Skyhouse downtown.  Had a rig drilling while simultaneously pumping concrete into the hole.

no problem guys, i enjoy watching new projects rise so i had a good time checking everything out. i wish i was able to take the time to get out at each place and snap quality pictures but my buddy didnt have a whole lot of time (he was interested in the projects too after hearing me rambling on about all these great new things coming to Houston, lol)..

• Like 1

I'll be able to grab quick pics of Astoria and the new bhpbilliton building as it goes up since I work at four oaks place next door.

I always need something to do during my lunch break any how.

• Like 4

Strangely the wooden fence between the McD's and the Astoria plot is back up today. I wonder if that means they plan on picking up the pace or bringing heavier equipment in.

Skyline view thanks for the updates. When you realize that in about two years  the Astoria, the Billiton, the Apache Tower,

the Hanover and the Post Oak Gables will all be added to this part of Uptown and with the addition of the proposed highrise on post oak near the Ziegler Cooper Highrises in the north end of the area, the skyline will run continuous from Woodway to 59 without much of a gap. Thats pretty amazing. Cant wait to see it.

• Like 1

Skyline view thanks for the updates. When you realize that in about two years  the Astoria, the Billiton, the Apache Tower,

the Hanover and the Post Oak Gables will all be added to this part of Uptown and with the addition of the proposed highrise on post oak near the Ziegler Cooper Highrises in the north end of the area, the skyline will run continuous from Woodway to 59 without much of a gap. Thats pretty amazing. Cant wait to see it.

Ditto, Thank you Skyline view. These photos are great!