The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

Hmm will be interesting to see how they squeeze a drive through in there, or if they do at all. It would seem "traffic-y" to have people enter crossing the drive through line on foot.

They've got plenty of room there on the left hand side of those pictures.  All you need is 12' and that might even be more than is required for a drive thru.  They've probably got close to 18' or so to work with between the building and the property line.

That would be pretty awful, yet hilarious, if the Astoria does fail and all we are left with is a detailed weekly log of the McDonald's construction.

Sad.

Don't mention it! The Astoria is own of my favorite towers going up. I was already disapointed when the Titan never went up.

• Like 1

Isn't the Titan and Astoria the same project? I thought they just changed the name is all..

Nope. Same developer, same land, different project. The Astoria actually started out as a rectangular building being pushed for the BLVD Place land that Ed Wulfe ended up selling to Apache.

• Like 1

I am wrong. McDonald's is being demolished in Q1, 2013.

Half wrong, but looking at this footprint, how in the world are they going to build this condo? Am I missing something here? McDonalds is being rebuilt on the largest corner chunk of land, leaving very little left for the Astoria.

Half wrong, but looking at this footprint, how in the world are they going to build this condo? Am I missing something here? McDonalds is being rebuilt on the largest corner chunk of land, leaving very little left for the Astoria.

The pictures on this page don't show the extent of the site.  The trailer is going to be removed before construction in order to build Astoria.  There will be plenty of room for the tower and McDonalds to live in awkward harmony.

• 2 weeks later...