HAIF - Houston's original social media

The Astoria Condos at 1405 Post Oak Boulevard

That should be promising news for other potential developers like Hanover, Davis and Pelican to move forward

with their proposed projects and perhaps some others who have yet committed. There is a large pent-up demand

from people who would prefer to live in a quality high rise. Think of all of the people who have moved here

recently, wishing to live in high rise projects, with very few options. That will be possible now.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the biggest fast food chain also happens to produce a lot of items that end up as litter....shocked.   But why are we putting this on them? Once a person purchases their food its theirs a

McDonald’s has owned this land since 1988 it looks like. They sold a bit to RD so he can build The Titan, now Astoria.

http://houstoneb5.com/astoria/          

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^ sorry, but in my opinion, that white beacon object atop of astoria appears ridiculous!  that needs to come down immediately before uptown becomes a national laughingstock!  it harbors a certain "mysticism" feel to it.  ridiculous indeed.... 

View from the Chase Tower yesterday, also posted in the BHP Billiton Thread

DSC03818_zpsoeyrdsfo.jpg

Damn, Houston. It's incredible that this picture of a small section of Uptown rivals most small cities in America.

^^^ sorry, but in my opinion, that white beacon object atop of astoria appears ridiculous!  that needs to come down immediately before uptown becomes a national laughingstock!  it harbors a certain "mysticism" feel to it.  ridiculous indeed.... 

You need to see it in person. I promise. The tower is quite impressive.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that when this thing is completely finished and lit up at night, you'll change your opinion. 

^^^ are you kidding?  i shall be terrified once that object is finally lit up!  or at least mystified......

Kitschy would be my choice of descriptions for Mr Davis' developments. Hopefully he'll work out all the unnecessary frill and pull off two great buildings, Arabella, one on the east side of 610, and the Marlowe downtown. If not they'll stick out like sore thumbs.

He never fails to mess it up somehow.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 2
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to The Astoria Condos at 1405 Post Oak Boulevard