The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

• 2 weeks later...

Visually, this side of the Galleria area has become super dense almost overnight with this, the office building across the street and the Bellifore, which I didn't realize was so close.

With the other projects planned at this end of Post Oak, it will have more of a downtown feel.

Visually, this side of the Galleria area has become super dense almost overnight with this, the office building across the street and the Bellifore, which I didn't realize was so close.

With the other projects planned at this end of Post Oak, it will have more of a downtown feel.

Curious to see what other projects move forward in the near future - Lynd is apparently out of the amreit post oak/San Felipe site. My understanding is that it had more to do with amreit's sale then market conditions.

Curious to see what other projects move forward in the near future - Lynd is apparently out of the amreit post oak/San Felipe site. My understanding is that it had more to do with amreit's sale then market conditions.

They backed out of negotiations to purchase? Bummer. It still probably won't take long to sell, regardless of market conditions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The garage looks almost as bad as the cosmopolitan.

"Oh, is that a garage? With all of Randall's fancy architectural detailing he's known for (faux this, faux that.. Here a faux, there a faux everywhere he builds it's faux) sorry. The old Macdonald had a farm song got stuck in my head. I digressed. I'm sure he will crap it up before it's finished.

Edited by Dakota79
  • Like 3

For reference..

bigimage02.jpg

If the garage comes out anything like the renderings it will be loads better than the Cosmo garage.

Generally speaking, Mr. Davis prefers to spend money on the one side of the building, because as you know a high rise (and parking garage) can only be seen from that side. At least that's what appears to be his m.o.

For reference..

bigimage02.jpg

If the garage comes out anything like the renderings it will be loads better than the Cosmo garage.

It's a nice looking rendering. But the building will only look like that if the lights are on in every room of every unit... Not likely to happen, especially since many buyers are foreign nationals.