The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

Of the 75 units 60 are already taken.. not bad .... I wonder if this will encourange  them to try to build the titan again ? If  memeory servres that land with just  to the side of it just went on the market not to long ago right ?

Edited by Moore713

I can't imagine RD would cannabolize the view of the Cosmo residents to build another tower.

It 25 story if memory serve which would not block much of anything.. and they are already trying to seel the lot for a tower so ither way there would no effect of line of sight since they are so far apart no views would be obstracted...

Edited by Moore713

It 25 story if memory serve which would not block much of anything.. and they are already trying to seel the lot for a tower so ither way there would no effect of line of sight since they are so far apart no views would be obstracted...

The amreit property is nearly directly in front of the Cosmo. Anything tall built there will block the view of at least half of that side's view. I agree that eventually that'll happen, but RD certainly wouldn't want to really piss off former customers.

The amreit property is nearly directly in front of the Cosmo. Anything tall built there will block the view of at least half of that side's view. I agree that eventually that'll happen, but RD certainly wouldn't want to really piss off former customers.

Think it will go residental regardless of comso , it would give Davis a trifacte in that area and he seems to favor that part for post oak... now that a huge lot of land is open do you really think they would pass it up ? RD or not.. He been chomping at the bits to build Titan anyway

• Like 1

Think it will go residental regardless of comso , it would give Davis a trifacte in that area and he seems to favor that part for post oak... now that a huge lot of land is open do you really think they would pass it up ? RD or not.. He been chomping at the bits to build Titan anyway

Huge lot of land? It's pretty small. If a residential tower was built there an entire side would look into the cosmo. It makes no sense to do that as no one would want to buy a unit. I think you must be confused on the location or something. RD has a lot on his plate right now. The Astoria IS the Titan with an altered name. He will have less than zero interest in the AmREIT property. 

• Like 2

Seems like Randall Davis could have found a piece of property somewhere nearby a little bigger, a little better than this?  I realized early on how tight things would be, but this is just plain ridiculous!

I would hope those residents on the east/south sides of the building realize they could be buying a home that may eventually have about a 25' view?!  Oh well.  A fool and their money....

As they say.

I'm still trying to figure out how parking in the garage is going to work. It really does look wide enough for two cars going up/down at the same time

I read in an earlier post the garage will only be for a 24/7 valet service. No self parking.

I read in an earlier post the garage will only be for a 24/7 valet service. No self parking.

I can't see rich people wanting to give up that much freedom/privacy. The hassle would be immense particularly around peak times. I've never been in the Cosmo garage but I've seen inside and it looks to be designed similarly to this, except this is smaller.