The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

Agreed.

Pound for pound this has to be the most architecturally stunning highrise project in Houston. International tower and 609 Main could round out the top tier.

you all seem to forget this is a Randall Davis project; it will most likely turn out looking cheap.

• Like 2

you all seem to forget this is a Randall Davis project; it will most likely turn out looking cheap.

Right... In... The stomach.

Actually the Cosmopolitian has grown on me. Absolutely hated it when it first came out. Once you pass by it everyday in the morning and late afternoon sunlight it's actually charming. I am hoping this project will do the same.

I must have bad taste, I'm a Randall Davis fan. I wish the Cosmo had a better garage, but pleased besides that.

The Cosmo's garage section is so cold looking from street view, they just do nothing to make that place seem inviting in the least. I hope Astoria does come out better around the ground level garage area.

• Like 1

I do think it is unfortunate that McDonald's got the larger end of the plot.

It really does look cramped. McDonald's ruins everything...

McDonald's sold part of its land for this development. I wouldn't say they ruined anything, they enabled the development.

• Like 1

This is Houston. We change out buildings as quickly as the weather changes.

MCDONALD'S will be gone soon

Thats the same thing I was thinking. Maybe 5 years at the most if development trends continue the way they are going. It just seems out of place now.

• 2 weeks later...

There's barely been any progress in two weeks...

I honestly didn't see the crane move at all this past week. I still stand by what I said before that I feel BHP will beat Astoria to it's final height, even though BHP is still below grade.

BHP site is a constant hustle and bustle.

Edited by fatesdisastr

• 2 weeks later...