The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

We all love the beautiful, hi-def photos people post on here, but we're also pretty forgiving of relevant cell phone shots.

Alec speaks the truth.  Being a suburban dweller I'm always happy to see pictures of any kind on all the progress going on around town.  Even if it's just dirt moving.  Thank you to all who contribute...I will always chip in when I have the opportunity.

• Like 2

Alec speaks the truth.  Being a suburban dweller I'm always happy to see pictures of any kind on all the progress going on around town.  Even if it's just dirt moving.  Thank you to all who contribute...I will always chip in when I have the opportunity.

You all have inspired me. I'll do better as the project goes on.

Pic 1 is a view of the new crane taken going south on Post Oak 200 feet south of Uptown Park Blvd.

Pic 2 & 3 are sitting at the light headed south on Post Oak at Four Oaks

Hopefully this will satiate the masses until the real photographers can get an update : )

post-12408-0-59069000-1387484312_thumb.j

post-12408-0-99778200-1387484338_thumb.j

post-12408-0-46844700-1387484374_thumb.j

Edited by richfish
  • Like 3

so soon there will be 2 more cranes in this pic?

2? What do you mean. The only other crane will be for the BHP tower. (Unless you count whatever else is going on at BLVD Place-which probably won't have a crane for at least the next half year or so. Probably longer than that.)

• 2 weeks later...

In the bottom of the tower..?

What's wrong with grass and landscaping?

I don't think the poster dislikes grass and landscaping by itself, but in Houston when an urban development has grass and landscaping it usually means little or no sidewalks and poor street level interaction. 

• Like 3

In the bottom of the tower..?

From the renderings it almost looked like the entire tower was condos. Esoecially the night-time renderings where it looked as if lights from inside were lit throughout the entire tower, not just the top.

I don't think the poster dislikes grass and landscaping by itself, but in Houston when an urban development has grass and landscaping it usually means little or no sidewalks and poor street level interaction.

Bingo! I like grass and landscaping but not in urban environments to a certain extent.

See the "podium" garage at the base? It's blended in very well.. It's a shame other towers can't blend their garages into the structure like this

Since there are only 60 or 70 something units for this tower, there isn't this need for a giant garage. I think this "podium" blends in very nicely as well. Beautiful building IMO.

• Like 1